Would it get worse without Dyche?

If Dyche left now, would Everton be in deeper poo?

• Total voters
On the points per game this season, Dyche's return would be about 43 points over the full season - it's just about acceptable in the context of all the problems we have

He can't be blamed for points deductions, but that run of form from December to now has been abysmal and the promising performances have turned into grim, horror shows

He's certainly better than the last couple of chancers we had here, but it's a low bar. I don't blame Dyche for how poor the tools are he has to work with, that's on Moshiri and the decisions he has made, I even accept that Dyche will probably keep us afloat in the short term, but there's practically nothing positive about Everton currently. We have a manager who plays a brand of football that makes you feel like Jimmy Hill is going to be presenting the highlights of it later on Match of The Day, we have a group of players who, for the most part, are the least technical/creative/pacey in the league, we are in debt to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds, two points deductions deep with at least one more on the horizon, devoid of direction with no board of directors or anyone making decisions from the top and the more I think about it, the more I think that as much as Dyche is showing no signs of being someone who will ever take the club forward, he is, at least, someone who might help us survive this next 18 months or whatever.

The whole thing is soul destroying.

I sort of feel about Dyche the same way I might feel about being impaled by a scaffolding tube - it's ugly, it hurts and I don't want it there, but if I remove it too quickly, I'll probably die.

He shall lead us from these footballing dark times.

-SD0-c .png

On the points per game this season, Dyche's return would be about 43 points over the full season - it's just about acceptable in the context of all the problems we have

He can't be blamed for points deductions, but that run of form from December to now has been abysmal and the promising performances have turned into grim, horror shows

He's certainly better than the last couple of chancers we had here, but it's a low bar. I don't blame Dyche for how poor the tools are he has to work with, that's on Moshiri and the decisions he has made, I even accept that Dyche will probably keep us afloat in the short term, but there's practically nothing positive about Everton currently. We have a manager who plays a brand of football that makes you feel like Jimmy Hill is going to be presenting the highlights of it later on Match of The Day, we have a group of players who, for the most part, are the least technical/creative/pacey in the league, we are in debt to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds, two points deductions deep with at least one more on the horizon, devoid of direction with no board of directors or anyone making decisions from the top and the more I think about it, the more I think that as much as Dyche is showing no signs of being someone who will ever take the club forward, he is, at least, someone who might help us survive this next 18 months or whatever.

I sort of feel about Dyche the same way I might feel about being impaled by a scaffolding tube - it's ugly, it hurts and I don't want it there, but if I remove it too quickly, I'll probably die.
That comparison… 😂👏

I'd prefer Jimmy Hill over most of the plonkers on MOTD now. Even Jimmy Saville would be an upgrade as well...

Without the points deduction we would be sitting 14th on 35pts, compared to the past two seasons that is an improvement... however this season more than any I can remember we have had massive luck with lack of injuries/suspensions to key players and the league has the combined poorest 3 promoted sides since time began, so I would honestly expected Dunc to have kept us up this season.
Dyche is a 🦕.. out as soon as we have new owners please

Without the points deduction we would be sitting 14th on 35pts, compared to the past two seasons that is an improvement... however this season more than any I can remember we have had massive luck with lack of injuries/suspensions to key players and the league has the combined poorest 3 promoted sides since time began, so I would honestly expected Dunc to have kept us up this season.
Dyche is a 🦕.. out as soon as we have new owners please
Yup and his style of play and lack of tactile flexibility does not provide any encouraging signs that he'd do much better even with more stability at the club.

He was thrown into a crap situation but that same crap situation is the only reason he got the job in the first place. Relegation scraps is his level

Some draws would become losses. Some draws would become wins. In the aggregate, I suspect a more forward thinking manager would be able to get more points overall.