Would it get worse without Dyche?

If Dyche left now, would Everton be in deeper poo?

• Total voters
but we have to if we don’t win anymore you know that answer!
Exactly we have to win a few more games, so this is the question do we stick with him or get a new man in hoping for a manager bounce?

Either way it is a massive gamble, because sticking with Dyche does not guarantee us anymore wins based on the last 4/6 games

Yes.

Ultimately the guy can organise a defence very well.

I imagine these are the best defensive stats since maybe the first season of Koeman?

Trying to get this team winning 3-2 on a regular basis is not going to happen with what is currently in the final third.

I'd honestly consider replacing in the summer. Don't think he's getting the best out of the squad.

The thing with that though is "the squad" is basically Pickford, Tarks, Branthwaite, Myko, Gana,Onana, Doucs, McNeill, DCL.

Tarks and McNeill played under him for years at Burnley so know his methods back to front. With his lack of pace perhaps McNeill could be developed more into number 10 player in the future but he certainly didn't look better playing in Lampard's chaotic and frenetic style.

Doucs played better under Dyche than the last two combined. Branth and Onana could certainly develop more under a Potter type given their age and ability but at least one will have to be sold this summer. DCL 12 months left.

Myko is someone who might actually go out of favour under the next manager. As much as he's been one of the better players this season he is the antithesis of what majority of top level managers want from their FBs nowadays.

Maybe guys like Patterson, Dobbin and Chermiti could kick on under the next one but it's not like there's 4-5 outstanding young players on the fringes let's be honest.

Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow's ear … probably doing the best job he can (& I read yesterday that he claims he stopped EFC trying to sign players we couldn’t afford)
We are where we are

It’s pragmatism over idealism at the moment
I was just about to say exactly this.

Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow's ear … probably doing the best job he can (& I read yesterday that he claims he stopped EFC trying to sign players we couldn’t afford)
We are where we are
If that’s true I’m genuinely impressed.

Any other manager just says yeah, go’ed and makes things worse.

If that’s true I’m genuinely impressed.

Any other manager just says yeah, go’ed and makes things worse.

That’s what Joyce quoted Dyche as saying :

“We were linked with a few players and they were going to have a go and I went ‘You can’t do that, we haven’t got that money, we are going to need that money more in the summer than we do now”

Dyche also said (among much else) : “I have to take the heat along the way. But I am not going to change my belief in it. The club needs to be in a healthier position than it has been, so someone has got to jump on the grenade”

Suggests to me that any speculation about him being sacked etc is well wide of the mark.

Deserves a season under a stable board and decent structure. I respect peoples opinion on him but he'd done a decent job under the circumstances, especially considering we're an absolute circus.
Not a chance that ever happens, reckon your looking at least 2/3 before we see that setup.

Fully fit I would say this team is realistic to get 12-14 in the table. With a team being a bit better and having slightly more options in the attack + Branthwaite, we achieved 1 point less and already 1 win more than last season with 7 to go on a supposedly rather favorable programe on paper, but 3-4 for must win games remaining. That would be ok, but there is that big flaw with 1 win in the last 14 and 9 points in total. Surely this would be hard to do worse. I thought we would be around 1ppg till the Burnley game with the fixture given from Christmas on.

Hoofball is terrible to watch, but the ball treatment, passing ability and pace of our players is as abysmal. Or am I just spoiled as a Spaniard? In the end, Dyche won't be a long time solution.

Eventually, that 1:0 was important as it gives 10 points between Burnley instead of 4 with a loss, ends a terrible run for the moment, could be also a bit liberating for the players moral. I understand, we all want good football, but the result is more important still, than to win the beauty contest.