Would five at the back help defensively?

Would five at the back help us keep goals conceded down?

• Yeah

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nah

Votes: 116 84.1%
  • Cheese and Bread that have been warmed

Votes: 12 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
…I always think playing 3 CBs is an admission that 2 aren’t good enough. It’s a waste of a player.

I actually think the back four lack cover. Much better in the 2nd half today when Gueye sat noticeably deeper.
It's a decent system if you have the players. Used it a lot when I was coaching..
Maybe a bit dated now.
The key points are that the 3 centre backs never get seperated .
The 3 midfield players play as a unit and close down the passing angles.
And 2 forwards go short and long to link up the play.
Not sure we would have the wingbacks to play it. They need to get up and down and create width and have good engines.
It might hide the weaknesses of a Keane or Godfrey as they would not get as exposed as in a back 4.
Much doubt Dyche will play in given that he has signed 2 wingers on in Danjuma and Harrison.

They also won't hoof so it'll look nice anyway.
View attachment pexels-andrea-musto-13724231.jpg

+
erling_haaland_1e088bbfd92634f77773ba8620489f31.jpg

=
CkruBUnWYAAV0fU.jpg

He doesn't need an opportunity, he'll make one based on nothing.

Next small error Branthwaite makes - Keane back in.

In fact, Branthwaite has pulled out of the England U21 team with a minor injury, which means he can't pass beep tests and won't be ready for at least 3 more weeks - Keane back in instantly.
Couldn't bare watching that clown

It's not his role, other wise he'd play it as we need a number 6.

It's his role as much as LW was Emile Healey's role
Sorry mate, I am not based out of the UK. So I don't know who this person is...

He has played multiple times in such a role, his not playing that role may actually be the team's shortcoming. We do not have a plan-b for our midfield combination and that is evident when either of Gana-Doucoure is unavailable.

Sorry mate, I am not based out of the UK. So I don't know who this person is...

He has played multiple times in such a role, his not playing that role may actually be the team's shortcoming. We do not have a plan-b for our midfield combination and that is evident when either of Gana-Doucoure is unavailable.
Stupid auto correct Emile Heskey I meant. He played left mid a couple times in his career but he clearly wasn't a left midfielder.

Someone filling in the role is not the same as being natural in that role.

Stupid auto correct Emile Heskey I meant. He played left mid a couple times in his career but he clearly wasn't a left midfielder.

Someone filling in the role is not the same as being natural in that role.
He seemed pretty comfortable there and had more discipline than Gana in such a role really. He is that nice player who tackles well and passes the ball around well. One big problem seems to be that he is unable to take on a person when has the ball and that could be fatal in that role if there is no one near him to play off.

He seemed pretty comfortable there and had more discipline than Gana in such a role really. He is that nice player who tackles well and passes the ball around well. One big problem seems to be that he is unable to take on a person when has the ball and that could be fatal in that role if there is no one near him to play off.
Neither could Gareth Barry, yet he's our best defensive midfielder of the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.