Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya, but the only "reality" that matters is the league table, and we are currently 17th on 16 points after 20 games. Until an appeals panel decides otherwise -and they may not do- that's what we have to accept. Every game matters and every point matters. To count on an appeals panel to get us out of trouble is not a wise plan.
I agree entirely mate. The table suggests we're relegation fodder, again. The truth though is very different, despite a sh*te result.

I was more worried about this game than I was against City. The team was knackered at the end of the last game so I'm not surprised at that performance dire as it was. I didn't have stream for the match, just the commentary on the OS. It sounded like we were really poor across the pitch with only Myko having a good game, so he is my MoM.

99 mins of footy and not one shot on target!
Untitled.jpg

*gargles gravel*
"I've never been of the opinion kicking the ball at the opposition's goal is all that important in football..."

Well that’s a stark reminder to me that we’re still in a battle until we get points back or open up a gap naturally again. Dyche doesn’t have a clue what to do when Doucoure goes out the side and that’s alarming.
Same when he was missing for a few games last season after getting sent off for the Kane thing. Dyche has 1 plan and 1 only. When that goes out the window might as well just forfeit the game.

Well that’s a stark reminder to me that we’re still in a battle until we get points back or open up a gap naturally again. Dyche doesn’t have a clue what to do when Doucoure goes out the side and that’s alarming.
This is a cause for concern. Last season and this season due to 1 player being unavailable is worrying

Pathetic performance but not all down to the players. I have had little confidence in Dyche, he is the crux of the matter, poor team selections, tactics and subs. He is a rubbish manager. This is for the most part how he had Burnley playing so for Everton read Burnley.
He's lightyears behind the modern game. Always has been always will be. 10+ years of being taken to pieces by teams who play front-foot, dominating, attacking football. He has no clue on how to deal with it; but over the course of 38 games he typically gets enough wins from battling performances to get the job asked of him done, so I doubt he'll give todays result a moments thought tbh. On to the next one...

Maybe this will give the players/manager a kick up the backside. There was nothing to like about that performance. We’re not the quickest but we looked so slow and unathletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.