Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute garbage. The worst we've played for a while. Seen enough in Luton (home form) and Burnley today to know it's not going to be as plain sailing as some may think. Onana lucklustre in midfield. Shambolic at the back but Keane does that to us when he plays. Dyche got it so wrong today. Got to sit on this for a few weeks now. Need Doucs back badly

cannot stand Wolves btw, tiny tiny tiny club with as many footballing honours as me. had an opportunity today to unite with our fans and kick off at the PL for the treatment we have both received (them less so). What do they do after 10 minutes? Start signing “same old scousers always cheating”.

I’m fairly sure we’ll still be in this league in ten years time but for that serial lower league outfit i’m not so certain

A typical Everton Christmas. I've lost count of the number of these i've had to suffer. Be we are traditionalists. Crap christmas fixtures, fail to beat the RS for 10 years (and 20 at their place), fail to win at OT, bottle penalties. At least we're reliable.

Very lucky Burnley, Luton and Sheff Utd didn't pick up any points today.

None of the players deserve praise but Dyche has to take the blame here imo. Sleepwalked to defeat when the formation clearly wasn't working. It's not just that, there wasn't any directness to our play at all, we were clearly trying to work more passing moves on the ground but that doesn't play into our strengths. This was not the game to experiment.

Sean Dyche is a very limited manager. He will get a performance out of a team every now and again when things go his way. He hasn’t the ability to adapt and change when things are going against him. I think he will get us enough points to stay up but under him we will always struggle in the lower half of the league.
Very true. He's never been anything else, never will be. There's a reason why in about 10+ years at Burnley not one serious football club with any real ambition ever thought about hiring him. More often than not can keep a club in the Prem, but he wouldn't even be on the radar of a Wolves or Bournemouth in the modern game. Should tell you all you need to know.

….as poor as we’ve been. I like to see Everton sides be tight in defence whilst offering threat in the attacking third. Doing neither is a recipe for disaster & that performance was a concern.

Dyche hasn’t got much wrong but reverting to a back 5 left us unbalanced and wide open further up the pitch. A stroll in the park for Wolves.
They were second guessing each other, someone has to lead and the other CB follow. It's about defending as a unit, if your busy watching your team mate you aint watching the ball and covering the runs.
We've seen this problem before when Onana was covering Gana in midfield and they were often within 6 feet of one another covering the same space.
Trick in midfield is having a player that covers two areas so you can utilise your Doucoure player further advanced to support your striker, but a bad break of the ball bypasses the entire midfield and its pressure on defence instantly.
Today no one knew who to pick up, when to cover and importantly who to cover. It was a feast for Wolves as the uncertainty was seized upon and they could have scored double figures.
Bad set up, bad shape, bad communication, bad performances, bad day at the office.
Hallelujah only 3 goals.

Who else is currently injured?
Gana, young, Coleman. Gana who would start or come on at least. Also think if he had Coleman fully fit he would start him and Young infront of him and move Harrison behind the striker while doucs is out. It’s at least opinions to change when the players are clearly knackered.

Pathetic performance but not all down to the players. I have had little confidence in Dyche, he is the crux of the matter, poor team selections, tactics and subs. He is a rubbish manager. This is for the most part how he had Burnley playing so for Everton read Burnley.

I remember I said when we lost to Man Utd that I had doubts that this team would have finished 10+ points above the relegation zone without a points deduction. Today proved why. No point in thinking we will finish higher than 17th unless we get points back.

Status
Not open for further replies.