Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What baffles me is why we're all of a sudden so bad at defending set pieces? Weren't we setting up in an unorthodox way under Carlo that seemed to do the business last season? Remember all the pundits talking about it but our records was a lot better. Forget the manager, if that worked, don't change it.
Its been the same for a good few years now under various managers, we cannot absorb the bare minimum of pressure for the most part from our opponents without conceding, we give away a set piece or start conceding corners and in my case my heart is in my mouth, the only proper defender who gives me any confidence is Mina and we can't get him on the pitch enough.

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 78

Its been the same for a good few years now under various managers, we cannot absorb the bare minimum of pressure for the most part from our opponents without conceding, we give away a set piece or start conceding corners and in my case my heart is in my mouth, the only proper defender who gives me any confidence is Mina and we can't get him on the pitch enough.
When the panic-mode pinball play starts in the box, it seems inevitable now that we're imminently going to concede.It's worse than the Yobo-itis I used to get of old.... none of them are as good as him.

When the panic-mode pinball play starts in the box, it seems inevitable now that we're imminently going to concede.It's worse than the Yobo-itis I used to get of old.... none of them are as good as him.
Yobo for a while was imperious as a centre back, never truly recovered from the sending off with Bellamy up at Newcastle sadly.

Delph done more than anyone else did in the first half and was better at organising the team. The first half lacked leadership, Coleman was frustrated and lost his head a couple of times. Gordon was the shining light who had more urgency and determination than any other attacking player on the pitch. Wolves deserved to win but we have to stop making teams look better than what they are. We allowed them too much space to work in, the full backs were not closed down when they came forward, it was just a bad set-up tactically.

The only positive is that the manager might have accidentally stumbled on a viable midfield, Delph, Townsend and Allan. With Delph sitting deepest.
If he goes back to a midfield two then he absolutely needs sacking straight away.

Last night was utter rubbish. Not surprised really and nor should anyone else IMO.
Holgate, iwobi are not Good enough, Rondon is not an adequate plan b, Coleman shows spirit as you’d expect but he’s coming to the end and there’s not a suitable rotational option for him, JPG at best very rusty but this could take time and I’m still trying to be hopeful.
Godfrey is in poor form and has been so far this season,
On a positive though Delph made a decent impact when he came on and showed he could still do a job this season and Gordon was bright when introduced.
I’d even say those two probably should start next given our options.

Status
Not open for further replies.