Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think expecting players to desire their way through it when they are put in a situation to fail is misguided at this level.
I disagree, to an extent.

I'm not saying Benitez doesn't shoulder some responsibly - he does - but a big part of playing any sport, be that professional or as am amateur, is mentality.

You need to have grit, desire and some guile along other characteristics. We didn't show any of that, like we didn't when we completely fell apart against Watford.

Any manager can help prepare a team and give as much instruction, but sometimes people don't turn up either as individuals or worse as a collective.

Maybe that's a result of something deeper, which could be this manager, but we saw similar traits under Carlo, Silva and Koeman. Is that just poor management?

A better second half, but all too late, given the self-made mountain we had to climb. Kenny's almost-appearance sums it up at the moment: nobody knows wtf they're doing. May as well have put him on up top instead of Rondon.

MoM is Pickford for me. If either of those good saves went in we would have been looking at a much worse result with that show of absolute cowards closing at another capitulation.
Plaudits to Delph but also Townsend who while not looking like he’d get a goal he was at least at the races for 95mins and gave his all.
Need to see Iwofuls goal again as it looked like he just smashed it at probably the worst place he could, right at 2 defenders and down the goalie’s throat, Christ knows how it went in, but begrudgingly fair play for doing what an attacker is paid to do, score a goal once in a while.

Scoreline flattered us, we were abysmal in the first half and poor in the second. When will he realise, we can't play a two man midfield if one of them is not Doucoure.

Delph, surprisingly, looked the pick of the bunch when he came on, but, 3 straight losses, warning lights will be flashing for Benitez if he doesn't stop the rot soon.

Agree with the first half, but not the second, we were much better, we had to be after the first, but too little too late.

Delph Pickford and richi candidates but went for richi as he ran the legs of himself for the full game got no service just long balls up that he had to jump for and getting banged into by coady etc even so kept his cool.
Terrible 1st half really bad but 2nd half improvement when Delph came on.
Iwobi took his goal well but didn’t do much else
Not to much to look forward too as tougher games than this coming up.
Seamus though !

Now just got to wait for the tweets from the players. “We go again “ “we’ll make up for this next week”. It’s all bull. They’re not up to it. Don’t have the technical ability, or don’t have the mentality, or both. Absolute shambles of a club from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.