Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of weeks ago we were just about top 4, win tonight and we can go top 5. Care to enlighten me how that is "cometely the wrong direction"? Yes, we lost a couple of games, let's not go overboard about it though

A 5-2 defeat at home to Watford definitely suggests wrong direction to me.

Maybe the years of underachieving have just taken their toll on me and I've lost all perspective, but I can't see how things are going to turn around. We aren't very good, are easy to score against, can't defend set plays properly and the manager is very unpopular.

Think Robertos is 2nd season was the last time I actually liked EFC, remember the Arsenal game in particular Seamus nutmegged Corzola who just smiled and clapped his hands
If we win tonight though we are in a decent position
COYB 2-0

Far too sensible post for some posters on this Board.

Next thing someone will allege that RB actually isn't responsible for world climate change!

We will win tonight.

We always do, when it all looks like we will fall off a cliff we get a result against a team that looks more dangerous on paper after the last. Nothing about this season is any different to any other in recent years. So a win tonight, draw at the weekend and then we have to muster up enthusiasm for the city (lose comfortably) and RS (who knows at this point) games

Maybe the years of underachieving have just taken their toll on me and I've lost all perspective, but I can't see how things are going to turn around. We aren't very good, are easy to score against, can't defend set plays properly and the manager is very unpopular.
and yet if we win tonight we go 5th or 6th. Even if we lose we are still top half.
That doesn't suggest wrong direction to me, I would say it is no change in direction and just continuing what we have been for the last 10 years or so. No more, no less.

Let's hope for a win tonight to lift peoples spirit

'Everton that' is equivalent to Sod's Law...'whatever bad can happen, will happen'...thus your 5-0 scoreline scenario is possible...but not in Everton's favour.
‘Everton that’ works in many ways though and on a personal note it’ll be very ‘Everton that’ if we smash Wolves tonight seeing as I got my Dad tickets for us against Watford for his birthday and drove us up on a 9 hour round trip for the day. Also the last time we went to a game was Silva’s last where we lost 2-0 against Norwich which we followed up with destroying Chelsea with Dunc in charge - that is also very ‘Everton that’ for us!

and yet if we win tonight we go 5th or 6th. Even if we lose we are still top half.
That doesn't suggest wrong direction to me, I would say it is no change in direction and just continuing what we have been for the last 10 years or so. No more, no less.

Let's hope for a win tonight to lift peoples spirit

A win always helps, but I think we will struggle tonight. Our defence is struggling against crosses and our full backs don't take responsibility to block crosses. Jimenez is going to have a field day.

These two things really get me down the most when we play
- the 'What If' games, where we know a stupid result us or two cost us a top 4 place. A win and draw from our last 2 and we're in the top 4 now !
- the 'Everton freebie' games, we ALWAYS help a team or player back into form, and Josh King was the funniest most stupid example!!

So today what's gonna happen, which Everton turns up!!??

Hoping for this team

Pickford
Coleman-Mina-Godfrey-Digne
Allan-JP-Davies
Townsend-Richy-Gray

Praying for 2-0 both goals for Richy!

It'd probably be wallpapering over the cracks, but a win tonight and another against Tottenham, which some here think is a hard
fixture for some reason, and we'd be back on track with the international break coming up and the possibility of getting back some
injured players.
I apologise for being a bit optimistic. Most unlike a GOT poster. I don't know what came over me.

I think some of our fans have been living in a cave the last few years based on the over reaction to being 9th in the table.

Martinez's 1st season was the only good season we've had since the Moyes years - we've had little moments in between like the Europa League run in Martinez's 2nd season, Koemans 4-0 demolition of Man City and the 4-0 under Silva at Utd but largely all have been tripe and its down to the recruitment/players ultimately.

When you replace Lukaku with Sandro Ramirez, Gana with Gbamin/Delph and Stones with Ashley Williams you cant complain when you become a midtable outfit.
And we paid a lot to do that :(

Maybe it's just as simple as Doucoure being out and Davies being in.

These two things really get me down the most when we play
- the 'What If' games, where we know a stupid result us or two cost us a top 4 place. A win and draw from our last 2 and we're in the top 4 now !
- the 'Everton freebie' games, we ALWAYS help a team or player back into form, and Josh King was the funniest most stupid example!!

So today what's gonna happen, which Everton turns up!!??

Hoping for this team

Pickford
Coleman-Mina-Godfrey-Digne
Allan-JP-Davies
Townsend-Richy-Gray

Praying for 2-0 both goals for Richy!
Horrible midfield. Apart from Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.