Wolfsburg away details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up on the hotel. We weren't arriving until 10.30 on Wed night, so would have been stuffed. Managed to get a hotel towards the airport, but on the s-bahn route, so pretty handy. Arrived 11.40, pub opposite still open, but closing at 12. Found a group of Blues in the back (hello Doncaster blues!) and they kept serving us until 2 -top night!
Every German we met was so friendly and helpful, and the police likewise. Atmosphere beat Lille hands down. Only down side was spending half the night in a Hannover hospital, as my dad fell getting on the train at Wolfsburg. Massive gash in his shin (definitely out for the spurs game, and probably a late fitness test for Hull).

Glad you had a good trip Stu, and hope your dads ok, say hello from us.

What a few days those were, even though our hotel was closed down (we got an email at 6am this morning telling us this lol), it didn't stop us.
Jack the Rippers, was decent, the lack of Erdinger was a major let down, as well as not showing the RS, however, that Dublin inn was amazing! In there til 2am on the Weds, chatting with all the German Evertonians, who are quite simply amazing!

Game itself, just jumped over the fence in the upper tier into the away end, and going mental with Lukaku's goal.

German hospitality, once again, AMAZING. Took €150, spent €60, couldn't spend my money! What a week.

We're through, and we're top of the group... YES!
We were with the Nuremberg fans for 2 days, what a great bunch of lads.
It took them 4 hours to travel up from Nuremberg too, they really appreciated all the kind comments they got, and we proudly hung up the 1FCN-Everton flag in many pubs, but mainly the Dublin bar.

Thanks for the heads up on the hotel. We weren't arriving until 10.30 on Wed night, so would have been stuffed. Managed to get a hotel towards the airport, but on the s-bahn route, so pretty handy. Arrived 11.40, pub opposite still open, but closing at 12. Found a group of Blues in the back (hello Doncaster blues!) and they kept serving us until 2 -top night!
Every German we met was so friendly and helpful, and the police likewise. Atmosphere beat Lille hands down. Only down side was spending half the night in a Hannover hospital, as my dad fell getting on the train at Wolfsburg. Massive gash in his shin (definitely out for the spurs game, and probably a late fitness test for Hull).
Hi don't know if your the people we helped on the train but me and the wife helped an older gentleman onto the train who had fell through the step he was with his son and also helped him off at Hannover as there where beer bottles over the step hope he's ok (even if it's not same person) also hope the older gentleman going into turnstiles for section 36 got in ok he lost his ticket after a few knobs started fighting trying to jump the queue I gave him a spare I had for 37 again I hope his night ended well, also to Michael the German (Sagaris) and his mate who took the 2 tickets off us after making contact through GOT sorry didn't get to sit by you but went in Evertons end , we've only just got in an hour ago the cars still in Hannover 2 hire cars and a ferry later ! But there you go you'll do anything to watch the blues in Europe can't wait for the draw! COYB

What.A.Trip.

Freezing cold.

Same hotel as the players.

Despite earlier fears, plenty of decent places for an ale in Wolfsburg.

Brilliant Policing.

Freezing cold.

Was anybody else in "Meekong" asian 'restaurant' after the game? Worst food ever and an irate Vietnamese Ronnie Corbett as a manager getting arsey with anybody who moaned about the food. Hahahaha

We were with the Nuremberg fans for 2 days, what a great bunch of lads.
It took them 4 hours to travel up from Nuremberg too, they really appreciated all the kind comments they got, and we proudly hung up the 1FCN-Everton flag in many pubs, but mainly the Dublin bar.

German fans are a credit to the country by the sounds of it.

Hi don't know if your the people we helped on the train but me and the wife helped an older gentleman onto the train who had fell through the step he was with his son and also helped him off at Hannover as there where beer bottles over the step hope he's ok (even if it's not same person) also hope the older gentleman going into turnstiles for section 36 got in ok he lost his ticket after a few knobs started fighting trying to jump the queue I gave him a spare I had for 37 again I hope his night ended well, also to Michael the German (Sagaris) and his mate who took the 2 tickets off us after making contact through GOT sorry didn't get to sit by you but went in Evertons end , we've only just got in an hour ago the cars still in Hannover 2 hire cars and a ferry later ! But there you go you'll do anything to watch the blues in Europe can't wait for the draw! COYB
Yes, that was us. I'd forgotten about the bottles getting off. Thanks very much to both of you, and my dad passes on his thanks too

Long shot, but does anyone know any of the four lads who were thrown off the Hannover to Manchester flight on Friday evening?

Making a complaint to Flybe on their behalf

Cracking trip..Berlin and Wolfsburg are two top places. Can see why so many chose to go abroad for a football fix, the whole experience was excellent.

I'm assuming they were just being a bit boisterous and some jobsworth over reacted ?

Ridiculously so mate

My complaint:

Dear sirs,
I was recently a passenger on your flight from Hannover to Manchester on the evening of Friday 28th November, having travelled out to Hannover with yourselves on Wednesday 26th November. Along with a large number of others (approx. 80% of the passengers on both flights), I was travelling back from watching Everton play Wolfsburg in the UEFA Europa League. The atmosphere on the outbound flight on Wednesday 26th was good-natured, there was a bit of singing and some friendly banter, your staff were excellent.
On the return journey on Friday 28th, the flight was again full of Everton fans, all in good spirits after their side's victory the previous evening. This time, however, it seemed that your staff were totally unprepared for a flight full of football fans. I would stress, from the outset, that the behaviour of all of these fans was no different to Wednesday evening. There was a few songs and a bit of loud chatter/laughter was what appeared to be coming from some of them. The main flight attendant, Rebecca, appeared to have a problem with this and interrupted the safety briefing to ask for silence (a reasonable request). A minute or later, she interrupted again since there were a couple of people towards the back still talking. She appeared to threaten them with being ejected from the plane, but I confess that her voice was a little muffled over the speaker so I couldn't say for sure that this was the case. A moment or two later, there was a couple of discussions between herself and some other staff members via the in-flight intercom system and suddenly the plane was headed back in the direction of the gate. There was literally no further communication from any of the in-flight staff and then a short while later the plane was boarded by six German police officers, at least two of whom had their weapons drawn and held at their sides. Four passengers were forced to disembark the flight by these police officers. They were (quite rightly) shocked and upset. To suggest this was an over-reaction on your staff's part would be to drastically understate it. I could not believe what I was witnessing. The behaviour of the four men in question was no different to that of the passengers on our outbound flight, yet suddenly these poor chaps found themselves forcibly ejected from a flight. Under hushed tones to passengers nearby her a little later, Rebecca seemed to indicate that it was because these men were under the influence of alcohol and it wasn't fair to other passengers. I would have to describe her judgement as frankly terrible. There were perhaps 5-10 non football fans on the flight, most of whom seemed to be situated at the front of the plane away from where the "noise" was coming from. Had the men in question been abusive or violent I could totally understand the reaction. As it was, Rebecca and Kelly (the other stewardess) made a seemingly unbelievable error of judgement and in my opinion, The remainder of the flight was in stunned silence until ten minutes before the end of the flight a couple of passengers dared to sing for 10 seconds or so. Rebecca quickly despatched her partner-in-crime Kelly to deal with this insolence. Flybe should be offering formal apologies to those customers concerned.
I can only assume that these staff members are not adequately trained to deal with this sort of environment (as surely some common sense should prevail) or alternatively they are utterly incompetent.
I would be more than happy to discuss this further with any of your representatives and provide any further detail if Flybe wish to contact me via the email address I have provided.
As it is, I have to seriously question whether I would use Flybe again as I have never witnessed anything like what I saw on Friday evening before and I would have to question whether your staff are adequately trained. For clarity, I have attached a picture of Rebecca.
I await your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.