Wolfsburg away details

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those staying in hannover, what time are people planning on heading over to Wolfsburg? Also, does €18 for 2 tickets return sound right? Also booking for dussledorf to hannover return, and that comes out at €18 and yet it takes 5 times longer??
Sounds like your train from Duss to Hannover is a regional train (stops at many stations)
The train from Hannover to Wolfsburg is the ICE ( Intercity express) fast train which goes to Berlin.
On the match day, i'm jumping the ICE train from Hannover to Wolfsburg about 4pm
After the match, which finishes about 9pm, the first ICE train back to Hannover is 10:23 which arrives in Hannover for 10:55 and back to the boss German pubs

Sounds like your train from Duss to Hannover is a regional train (stops at many stations)
The train from Hannover to Wolfsburg is the ICE ( Intercity express) fast train which goes to Berlin.
On the match day, i'm jumping the ICE train from Hannover to Wolfsburg about 4pm
After the match, which finishes about 9pm, the first ICE train back to Hannover is 10:23 which arrives in Hannover for 10:55 and back to the boss German pubs
No, I just got the wrong cost when I first looked. There is a regional train, but it takes too long
For Hannover to Wolfsburg though we are looking at the regional train. about €30 cheaper for the two of us, so for the extra half hour travel time, probably worth it
Still struggling to book tickets though. On the BahnCard.com site, you only seem to be able to book individual journey sections (we are coming from Eindhoven and going back to Dussledorf) Are there any sites that allow you to purchase the different legs in one transaction?

No you can only use local trains but the extra half hour on the train is well worth the savings and I know loads of blues are on them were on 13-46 from Hannover return 23-16

No, I just got the wrong cost when I first looked. There is a regional train, but it takes too long
For Hannover to Wolfsburg though we are looking at the regional train. about €30 cheaper for the two of us, so for the extra half hour travel time, probably worth it
Still struggling to book tickets though. On the BahnCard.com site, you only seem to be able to book individual journey sections (we are coming from Eindhoven and going back to Dussledorf) Are there any sites that allow you to purchase the different legs in o
Still struggling to book tickets though. On the BahnCard.com site, you only seem to be able to book individual journey sections (we are coming from Eindhoven and going back to Dussledorf) Are there any sites that allow you to purchase the different legs in one transaction?
you could try Trainline-Europe.com or Raileurope.com or Seat61.com

Got my ticket for our end today.
If I'm honest, it looks like something a six year old would have printed on a second hand dot matrix. I hope it gets me in.

Is anyone staying in berlin on Thursday night after the match? If so what hotel and location as never been there cheers
5 of us going back to berlin after the match, staying in st christophers hostel in the mitte district then drinking round there

Yeah, heard the Ernst Augustus Brauhaus pub in Hannover is really good. It seems almost a shame to drink in Irish and English bars when you're in Germany !

The other one I've heard great things about is Paulaner Am Thielenplatz, which is a 5 min walk from the train station.

The Ernst August Brauhaus is supposedly better in the evening, whereas the Paulaner place seems to be the best one during the day. Think we'll probably spend a bit of time in the Paulaner place prior to Wolfsburg then head back to the Ernst August afterwards.

http://www.paulaner-am-thielenplatz.de/index_eng.html

this is the site for booking trains:
http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml
Niedersachsen Ticket (try to be groups of five, that's 7.60 return p.p.)
http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/offers/national/regional/laender-tickets/lower-saxony-ticket.shtml
eventually booked through a couple of sites.Trainline-Europe.com was cheaper for the Dusseldorf return tickets, but a lot more expensive for the Hannover-Wolfsburg return, so booked that, plus a bus from Eindhoven to Dusseldorf through bahn.de. Just need to make sure we get on the right trains now and we should make the match. Thanks for the advice!

The other one I've heard great things about is Paulaner Am Thielenplatz, which is a 5 min walk from the train station.

The Ernst August Brauhaus is supposedly better in the evening, whereas the Paulaner place seems to be the best one during the day. Think we'll probably spend a bit of time in the Paulaner place prior to Wolfsburg then head back to the Ernst August afterwards.

http://www.paulaner-am-thielenplatz.de/index_eng.html
Now that sounds like a jolly splendid plan !

Status
Not open for further replies.