Without spirit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have gone after the ref after Shelvey's snide tackle on JR.

A booking is acceptable currency in these games, he was happy to pick it up as James' was marked for the rest of the game. Same for the rest of the team, they'd have taken 11 yellows if it meant success. Just do enough to stop the star man, and each man can have his turn if necessary.

Most of the team were subdued, sometimes you need a row between team-mates or a bit of fist-pumping, anything which raises players from their slumber.

It was a horrific performance from start to finish, and apparent really from the first whistle that they just weren't up for it at all.
No.

This is not what you need at all

If you get to the level of Elite professional footballer and need someone else to motivate you, something has gone badly wrong.

We’ve ignored the mental side of the game at the club for decades. This is the result.

No.

This is not what you need at all

If you get to the level of Elite professional footballer and need someone else to motivate you, something has gone badly wrong.

We’ve ignored the mental side of the game at the club for decades. This is the result.

You can have both mate.

For me we would undoubtedly have done better on Saturday if there was some spark. Perhaps you can factor in no crowd as well, but we've seen plenty of collapses in a full GP also.

I knew after 5 minutes that it was going to be a long and hard game. Carlo has to get to the bottom of that.

Not nice to read in the Echo the sickening, fawning worshipping praise of the RS after the West Ham game. RS fans pouring out their delight at a 2m signing cback from Preston. Everton rightly summed up as a load of vurds
I would respectfully suggest you pay no heed to what that desperate rag says and stop reading the sycophantic hype churned out by their RS scribes. Glad I did years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.