Will Europa hinder top 4 hopes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebill

Player Valuation: £100k
Simple as it sounds. with a limited squad size, funds, fixtures in Eastern Europe on a Thursday night; does anyone think we will struggle to achieve top 4?

I think we will struggle in the league next year because of the europa, id take finishing 11th - 7th to win the europa then automatically qualify for the champions league because of wiining it

I think we will struggle in the league next year because of the europa, id take finishing 11th - 7th to win the europa then automatically qualify for the champions league because of wiining it

11th?! Regardless of Europa League we should be finishing top 7!

I think it all depends on how well we strengthen in the Summer...

Strengthen with both quantity and quality, and I think we can fight for Top 4 and Europa...

11th?! Regardless of Europa League we should be finishing top 7!

i agree but i was saying id take that to win the europa? and it depends on who we bring in the summer if we do not get 5/6 players in we will have to choose either europa or the league every team what is in the europa struggles its wether you have got the squad to handle it. next season teams like southampton will buy in the summer an compete will us for a top 6/5 finish an they wont have europe to distract them also tottenham might buy an be stronger than us so we could struggle

Depends how far we progress in it, from the quarters on will probably impact us in the league, before that it wont do.

In my opinion it didnt impact spurs at all this season, or swansea or wigan, just a convenient excuse the same way a cup run is to palm off any bad performance and has become a media cliche they trot out every year.

Our best euro run recently we perforned about 7 points better the year after, fulham stay up the year of the euro run, go down with a similar squad with no europe, wigan in playoffs with euro games same as qpr without

Does anyone seriously think if it wasnt for european games spurs would be higher?

Its not as simple as Europe = worse performance in the league.

Not long ago, we got into Europe three times in a row, finishing 6th the first time, then 5th, and then 5th again, not the great decline many predict.

If your management is sound, you'll cope and progress, if its not, you won't.

Its not as simple as Europe = worse performance in the league though.

Not long ago, we got into Europe three times in a row, finishing 6th the first time, then 5th, and then 5th again, not the great decline many predict.

If your management is sound, you'll cope and progress, if its not, you won't.
This.

I suspect we'll get a lot of rotation and youngsters getting games when we're ahead, or when the game isn't as important.

Plus you'd think we're gonna strengthen with transfers this summer...

It depends on the quality of your fringe/rotational players and obviously more games equals more chance of injury and a run of extra games that will have an effect on performance if not rotated.

I think Martinez has shown he's not afraid to rotate the squad and use youngsters. I think with the right signings we will be fine. Plus there is no guarantee we will make the top 4 regardless so I'm all for Silverware in whatever format.

This.

I suspect we'll get a lot of rotation and youngsters getting games when we're ahead, or when the game isn't as important.

Plus you'd think we're gonna strengthen with transfers this summer...

Hope so mate, at the very least we have Lukaku, Barry, Duelofeu and Traore to replace/sign, but i'd say we need a few more faces than this season whether in Europe or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.