Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace sound desperate to sell him now.

That's how it sounds. Roy isn't even being subtle about it either.

It will go to the deadline and someone will come in for him. But if they are serious about this "champions league club" only thing, then I don't see how he leaves Palace. The best viable option for him is Arsenal and they won't be playing CL football.

I imagine they just want rid of the whole sideshow. Sounds very much like Roy is inviting bids.
he's desperate to leave. The last 2 windows he's handed a transfer request and he'll no doubt do the same in the next week or so. They've also bought a couple of good young players this summer who will probably flourish out of Zaha's shadow who, as long as he's there will be the main man. For the first time i actually think Palace could be better for not having Zaha in the team.

he's desperate to leave. The last 2 windows he's handed a transfer request and he'll no doubt do the same in the next week or so. They've also bought a couple of good young players this summer who will probably flourish out of Zaha's shadow who, as long as he's there will be the main man. For the first time i actually think Palace could be better for not having Zaha in the team.
I think palace may have painted themselves into a corner wanting so much for him in this market. There are very very few teams spending big money on players this year.

HODGSON 'SURPRISED' NO ZAHA INTEREST

Crystal Palace
manager Roy Hodgson has admitted he is surprised there has not been any interest from a Champions League club in winger Wilfried Zaha in this transfer window.

He said: "As far as I'm concerned, I'm always pleased when no one comes in for him but I'm also surprised as I rate him very highly. He has such ability and is such a match-winner that one can never be certain that it's not going to happen.

"I enjoy every game he plays and every moment that I work with him, and I hope it'll continue for a long time. But at the same time, I am a bit surprised that we've not been inundated with offers because I think he has that level of ability."

Bloody hell they want the money don't they

Def. In this side Zaha could run a muck.
Give the ball to him when nothings on, then its back on
Hames to Zaha against Spurs with Richarlison free to make runs and finish and its more than 1-0.

The question is whether there's better value elsewhere.
If we are serious about improving our position this season i would rather us sign 1 or 2 more now and none next summer.

Our squad is better but an injury to a key forward player and we will struggle.

Crystal Palace
manager Roy Hodgson has admitted he is surprised there has not been any interest from a Champions League club in winger Wilfried Zaha in this transfer window.

He said: "As far as I'm concerned, I'm always pleased when no one comes in for him but I'm also surprised as I rate him very highly. He has such ability and is such a match-winner that one can never be certain that it's not going to happen.

"I enjoy every game he plays and every moment that I work with him, and I hope it'll continue for a long time. But at the same time, I am a bit surprised that we've not been inundated with offers because I think he has that level of ability."

grandad is desperate for some bids. He’s already spent the zaha money. Growing frustrated by zahas sulking and wishing there was a bidding war.

I saw rumours of Arsenal interest yesterday, no idea how true it is, and I don’t see how he fits into their current side unless they’re going to sell off a few.

Crystal Palace

Sounds like they are desperate for someone to come in for him.

I think palace may have painted themselves into a corner wanting so much for him in this market. There are very very few teams spending big money on players this year.

They messed up not selling him last year and are still in the mindset that they can't take something drastically lower than the big money on offer previously. Like you say though, no-one is paying big money for players for the foreseeable future and his value is likely to only continue to drop the longer Palace hold on to him. It's just bad timing for them really and it comes down to whether they need the money now or not (and with the way they keep talking about no bids on him, it seems they're getting a little desperate to sell).

They messed up not selling him last year and are still in the mindset that they can't take something drastically lower than the big money on offer previously. Like you say though, no-one is paying big money for players for the foreseeable future and his value is likely to only continue to drop the longer Palace hold on to him. It's just bad timing for them really and it comes down to whether they need the money now or not (and with the way they keep talking about no bids on him, it seems they're getting a little desperate to sell).

they got stupid greedy last year, no sympathy at all.

If we are serious about improving our position this season i would rather us sign 1 or 2 more now and none next summer.

Our squad is better but an injury to a key forward player and we will struggle.
I'd go the other way. Get a foundation this season. A way of play established by Allan and Hames.
I'm sure Carlo asked for these guys as much for their insight (not just in what they think and see, but also what it allows Carlos to see). The right buy now might not seem so by the start of next season.
If they're going to bring in, forget the front three, get a LCB with pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.