Homepage Update: Why there is a demand for change and the reasons to be optimistic for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uberfan has spoken, mate.

He needn't trifle with reasoned statements. One word answers are profound enough for us great unwashed. :confused:
nothing has changed, in fact we have gone backwards, that is based on what we see before us on and off the pitch, you base your optimism on what exactly? a few optimistic posts from a forum moderator. laughable!

Brilliant article @The Esk, and great follow on article to Nobody invests in regression.

Southall makes a great point you should set ambition to win the league. My dad has always said that is what he was used to and couldn't accept why we have been so low in the league, where I grew up with the Everton of the 90's and as a club we accpeted being lowly old Everton.

If we have an ambition to win the league it makes champions league acheivable, If you want to be the best you have to set a goal to be better than that or you will never give yourself the belief that you can achieve it. You then employ the right people to get you there.

As evertonians we must now trust and beleive in Moshiri to get us there, however that takes time and he will won't to do it in the right way.

nothing has changed, in fact we have gone backwards, that is based on what we see before us on and off the pitch, you base your optimism on what exactly? a few optimistic posts from a forum moderator. laughable!
If we are to see a top down change in the club, I imagine it won't all happen overnight.

Moshiri came early this year, it's only just May, let's see what happens.

Have a little patience - some people waited 16 years to see Kenwright begin to sell up, surely it makes sense to be a little more patient now?

If you actually bothered to read the OP or any of @The Esk 's numerous reasoned posts on the issue (not all I necessarily agree with - as well documented).

You would know that in actual fact. The business is under considerable change which is ongoing. Mainly as a result of a power shift at the top of the club.

Its just not overt.

* edit. For clarity myself and Esk disagree about the stadium issue and managerial issues only. However broadly agree on most issues.

Mate, if the points I make are just unsubstantiated optimism then your view has a case. However they're more than that based on some understanding of what is going on and what the ambitions are.

I'll be the first to hold my hand up if they're not fulfilled.

I think we need to get rid of this 'nice guy' image that runs through the club, from chairman down to the players. It's obviously not working!

We need the image of winning.

However, we need to retain an image that wins us SPONSORSHIPS.

Commercial revenue is king. It funds the team.

Reactions: JLW

The post is intended as a joke. The humour - such as it is - is derived from its use of meiosis.

If the shareholders are unhappy with the business management team's performance that would be a significant development.

We need the image of winning.

However, we need to retain an image that wins us SPONSORSHIPS.

Commercial revenue is king. It funds the team.
Agreed. We can be brutal in business but in the right way and hopefully that's Moshiris plan. You don't become a billionaire carrying passengers, so hopefully his finger is already on the trigger!!

Agreed. We can be brutal in business but in the right way and hopefully that's Moshiris plan. You don't become a billionaire carrying passengers, so hopefully his finger is already on the trigger!!

Our club needs to be earning more commercial revenue.

Despite Elstone's protestations and despite his RIDICULOUS asertions that 'Everton cannot be compared to other clubs'

Its quite clear EFC has relatively underperformed.

Elstone needs to remember that other people actually run businesses and can smell tripe a mile away when they see other clubs getting £100 million a year from one sponsor (Man United) and even lower clubs getting more commercial revenues (see Spurs. Newcastle etc) than EFC

I think we need to get rid of this 'nice guy' image that runs through the club, from chairman down to the players. It's obviously not working!

I don't know where all this psy-trance loving rainbowland nonsense came from? It wasn't like that at Everton when I was growing up as a kid. I used to think it was a defence mechanism to being perennial losers, like 'nice' men who can't get a bird but take solace in being a nice man. But now I'm starting to think that the rhetoric of the regressive left has become so entrenched in our society, that the masochistic desire to be the biggest victim possible has seeped into many Evertonians and the club itself. It's something that certainly needs changing if we want to stop being losers all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.