Why I think Everton will stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main reason is that despite being in bottom 3 currently there is at least 3 worse squads in PL (Bournemouth, Southampton, Leeds & Forest).

At worse there's at least 8 squads who are very similar currently. I do think, on paper, West Ham, Leicester and Wolves have the better squads out of those at the bottom of the league. They probably have the 3 most experienced, and arguably best, managers out of the bottom 8. That doesn't mean they won't get relegated but over the course of a season I think they have enough to stay up.

I think the other 5 teams are similar. Palace may be the joker here. They are definitely a more talented squad but they do seem to have fragile confidence currently. They could be the team that drops over the 2nd half of the season.

UNESCO have just declared Everton to be the world’s leading cause of depression.
I'd normally take a look at the depression thread to try an offer some words of encouragement to folks suffering but I think I'd struggle to find anything to say.

This fella today.
IMG-20230120-WA0003.jpg

It's a sign ...definitely.

I only realised today that Everton have just 3 league wins all season.

We’d probably have to get a minimum of another 6 wins minimum + enough draws to make up the points.

We’ve got no chance of staying up!

This fella today.View attachment 201427
It's a sign ...definitely.

Looks like he's getting off before the fall out. And I don't blame him one bit.

I'll be booking a holiday in the next few months if it looks like we are going to go. I'll wait to work out the likely date and I'll make sure I'm off out of here and nowhere near this city for a few weeks.

We won't go down. I had the Maldives booked and all paid for then Covid hit, last January we were meant to be going to Mexico and we had some bad family news that meant we couldn't go so if I book somewhere we'll definitely stay up. Up there for thinking, down there for never getting a suntan.

Main reason is that despite being in bottom 3 currently there is at least 3 worse squads in PL (Bournemouth, Southampton, Leeds & Forest).

At worse there's at least 8 squads who are very similar currently. I do think, on paper, West Ham, Leicester and Wolves have the better squads out of those at the bottom of the league. They probably have the 3 most experienced, and arguably best, managers out of the bottom 8. That doesn't mean they won't get relegated but over the course of a season I think they have enough to stay up.

I think the other 5 teams are similar. Palace may be the joker here. They are definitely a more talented squad but they do seem to have fragile confidence currently. They could be the team that drops over the 2nd half of the season.

It's a sunny morning so I'll say you're crazily positive if you think we don't have a bottom 3 squad at the moment....

End of the day it's likely the fans protests against the board will keep the atmosphere toxic so that's got to impact out chances of staying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.