Why I Think Everton Will Be Relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm annoyed Lampard duped so many into believing he deserved a second season
To be fair we had to stop sacking managers, but annoyingly the time we decided to stop was with the worst, however its not all his fault and he is a nice guy so i dont fully hold it against hime

Sometimes you need a sticking plaster mate, otherwise it becomes gangrene an you lose a limb (relegation).

Dyche got Burnley promoted twice - joined in Oct, got them promoted. They went right back down, and then he got them back up first time of asking. We might need that experience.
Can we afford to pay Frank Lampard off ? The catastrophic results - then silence from the Board ... tells me no - we are in debt FFP are looking into our debts we blamed on Covid ..... £170, million the next team debts blamed on Covid are 50 million ?

The teams relegated last season did raise this point ?

Plus no team has come in for our surplus high wages player Kean, Mina, & Holgate ......we have to off load to buy ....& it's clearly not happening .....

Can we afford to pay Frank Lampard off ? The catastrophic results - then silence from the Board ... tells me no - we are in debt FFP are looking into our debts we blamed on Covid ..... £170, million the next team debts blamed on Covid are 50 million ?

The teams relegated last season did raise this point ?

No doubt.

Do the salary vs months on his contract - buttons.

What isn't buttons is relegation.

Been a few discussions and threads on here on this matter of late ain't there?

@matty1878's thread being one where @davek was introducing a measure of optimimism not dissimilar to the argument here- we're not dead if we make changes (manager and staff).

My big worry is that if we do make a dramatic managerial change and bring in players it'll be a car crash. We've got that feeling about us. It's not necessarily a rational view, but we give off bad vibes as a club. That other clubs have given off in recent times and then gone down. Nothing I've not said previously tbf.

I live in hope rather than expectation. And we all know what hope does, right?

I certainly don’t think we’re staying up with him in situ .
No. Lampard takes us down. The board are yet to react to that however. I honestly think they're holding out for Moyes to become a free agent which is absolutely risky business as every game that goes by that we lose makes survival harder and harder

It's a matter of time under this regime. I remember thinking "if not this season, then next" during our struggles last season and the board seem equally determined to make it happen.

They seem incapable of learning anything from their numerous failures.

Essentially, clubs of similar stature to us (Villa, Newcastle etc) only get relegated if all 3 of these boxes are ticked:
Awful owner
Awful manager
Awful players

We absolutely tick all 3.
You’re not wrong but Let’s be honest I’ll add another a disconnect between fans and owner , that always seems to tag on to the back of the owner point .

19 games in, and despite how grim we've been - there's only 2 points between 20th and 14th.

Talk of certain/inevitable relegation at this stage feels premature, but I thought I'd share a nice thread to cheer everyone on why I think we'll be relegated this season.
  • Everton survive 2021/22 by the skin of our teeth.
  • Everton end last season 19/20 for big chances created, 20/20 for chances created. [May] [June] [July] [August]
  • Everton have a Director of Marketing and a Manager who have no credentials of navigating transfer markets. [June]
  • Everton sell their 'talisman' in Richarlison - a player responsible for scoring/providing over a third of our goals [September].
  • Everton perhaps aren't 'replacing' Richarlison, but Everton desperately needed to mitigate that loss. Everton try it through signing Dwight '1 assist 0 goal in previous season' McNeil, and Neal Maupay - the least 'number 9' in this Everton team you'll ever find. [September] [September]
  • Everton start 2022/23 with a team less effective than they did 2021/22. [September]
  • Everton play the first 6 (I think 6 could be wrong?) games without a recognised striker. Everton stay up by the skin of their teeth, months later they start a season vs Chelsea with Anthony Gordon upfront ducking out of aerial challenges with Koulibaly an Silva.
  • Any manager has this Everton team in a relegation scrap. It's relegation fodder [July]. Frank Lampard has no credentials at all to suggest he's at least reducing the odds of relegation. Other managers have staved off relegation with teams worse than ours.
  • Everton unnecessarily delay the sacking of Frank Lampard. I mean, c'mon, this was weeks ago;
FltKRE7XkAIqu9r

• Everton's board in self preservation mode/horrendous communication strategy/board creating civil war with their own fans.
I provided links as hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it's so bloody obvious and all those reasons are why I think we're going down.

As it is right now - I don't think there's 3 worse teams than us. I don't think there's 1 - Bournemouth battered us, and Southampton just beat us and making positive moves.

It's not a blip, this is the points per game for calendar year 2022.

View attachment 201231

Nothing has changed.

Sure, the margins are tight at the bottom, and it wouldn't take much to change things but we haven't. We're comfortably bottom three, and other teams are fighting, we're meekly hoping with a board in self preservation mode.

I think Everton appointing Sean Dyche after Bournemouth spank us 7-1 over 2 games, or even after Wolves on boxing day, along with a few signings early January - Chris Wood/Danny Ings... even Arnautović type, most likely keep this side up. That's the margins. The base of the team is decent enough to keep us up, we just needed nous, pragmatism, a sprinkle of belief (all coming in the form of a new manager) and crucially, some attacking ability. Everton neglected the chance.

Lack of blaming the fans.

Other than that good solid work.

B+

Status
Not open for further replies.