Why does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't had a proper captain leader at our club for years haven't seen anyone step up and fight for our club like nothing else is more important than winning. We someone to set the tone nil sat is nisi optimum

Looking at their second goal is laughable.

*They launch it forward from a Tom Davies foul.
*Tom Davies misjudges the ball and instead of heading it away, he gets in Holgates way who could have headed it out.
*Ball falls straight to a newcastle player who hits the post, from an angle that he would never have scored.
(Meanwhile Yerry Mina runs out of position like a maniac to block the ball and stays on the sideline doing nothing).
*Ball comes off the post and straight to another Newcastle player who slips and kicks the ball downwards
(Pickford tries to saves the ball that should have come his way but instead it bounces off Calvert Lewins head
*Ball bounces of CL head and falls straight to a Newcastle player who kicks it right at Pickford, whose behind the line!!
*Yerry Mina finally gets back onto the field after 10 seconds of having a rest

A combination of bad luck and Sunday league defending.
This is what I don't get why was Pickford behind the line??!

Having a strong reliable goalkeeper goes a long way in eradicating this. We haven't had one of those since when Tim Howard was good. In his last season he was a liability. Joel was only a slight improvement, but he was still very capable of making mistakes. We now have Pickford - need I say more.

Knowing the guy behind you isn't going to mess up, if you mess up, instils confidence in you. This means you are less likely to make mistakes. We seriously need to get rid of Pickford. He isn't going to change.

I have always thought a good goalkeeper doesn't have to make many saves, because he has his defence so well organized, he is rarely called into action. This is not the case with Pickford. It's all about him.

We need a reliable keeper.

If we're looking for a captain then on current form I'd make it Holgate. I know it's asking a lot of a player who has only recently cemented his place but I think he has a mix of calmness and knowing when to smash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.