Why do we care? Anti competition

Football has been like this for decades.

The teams from the biggest cities, with the biggest budgets will always take the top positions.

Btw, we were one of the clubs who originally threatened to breakaway from the football league, which brought about the creation of the premier league.

There’s only one thing stopping Everton being competitive and that’s Everton.
True, there has always been a few top teams claiming most trophies - liverpool in England, Real Madrid in Europe.

The difference now though, is that the smaller clubs are unable to challenge (apart from the very occassional fluke)
Are Norwich able to finish top 3 now? Ipswich? Everton?
Will teams from Belgium, Sweden, Greece or Scotland ever reach the final of the European cup again?

The answer is of course no. Without some huge fluke of nature, those clubs will not compete at the top table again. Because Uefa and the epl have both realised that the "big clubs" generate more revenue for them, so they ensure that the revenue keeps pouring towards the big clubs so that they stay at the top.

Just after some research. Since Everton finished 4th in 04/05 some 20 years ago. Only 2 teams outside the 'super' 6 have found themselves finishing in the top 4. Those are Newcastle last season who got 4th but now finding themselves financially restricted. And the second is Leicester who won the league in 2016 and now find themselves in the championship.

20 years of football where only 6 teams have sustained any kind of success. We truly are only there to make the numbers as are the other 14 clubs. Why do we honestly bother? Why isn't bigger noise being made by the 14 to do something about this absolute nonsense.
It is incredibly anti-competitive, and simply has to stop before the PL ends up choking on its own greed. I wonder how many global fans it would have if City won the next 10 years on the bounce. It's the only thing that will make them reassess. They don't care about the also rans at the moment

Once teams agreed to different spending rules applying to different teams in the Premier league, the entire system became a joke. Premier League teams are owned by very rich people. If they want to spend their wealth trying to win the Premier League at Luton Town rather than buying a bunch of yachts, private jets and vacation homes, then let them do that. In making Luton competitive with Sheffield United by imposed spending limits, you made them non-competitive forever with the top 6 teams. Who exactly are these rules really helping?

Just after some research. Since Everton finished 4th in 04/05 some 20 years ago. Only 2 teams outside the 'super' 6 have found themselves finishing in the top 4. Those are Newcastle last season who got 4th but now finding themselves financially restricted. And the second is Leicester who won the league in 2016 and now find themselves in the championship.

20 years of football where only 6 teams have sustained any kind of success. We truly are only there to make the numbers as are the other 14 clubs. Why do we honestly bother? Why isn't bigger noise being made by the 14 to do something about this absolute nonsense.
Because the 14 get very well compensated for being also rans?

(it's you own fault if you waste said compensation)

I’d be quite happy for the PL to disappear, let the six bugger off into some Euro fantasy and the rest of us get back to what football was really about. We’d be fine, the PL would lose billions, the six would have no away fans in Europe and they could enjoy whatever it is they have joined. I wouldn’t pay to watch it, I’d pay to see the rest of us, as I think most would, and Sky would quickly find out they have backed the wrong horse….let them go, let them have wonderful journeys around Europe, but as long as we all stop watching then the money disappears and they’ll all come crawling back…..

I’d be quite happy for the PL to disappear, let the six bugger off into some Euro fantasy and the rest of us get back to what football was really about. We’d be fine, the PL would lose billions, the six would have no away fans in Europe and they could enjoy whatever it is they have joined. I wouldn’t pay to watch it, I’d pay to see the rest of us, as I think most would, and Sky would quickly find out they have backed the wrong horse….let them go, let them have wonderful journeys around Europe, but as long as we all stop watching then the money disappears and they’ll all come crawling back…..
Euro fantasy.... yep, let them have it. Venues with hardly any away fans. I wouldn't watch that for free. Yet I'm already paying to watch ECL and the odd D1 D2 games. Championship games are really good to watch IMO, no VAR, real fans v tourists, a lot of good football. Bring it on.

Only because of our love for Everton we keep going

I've said recently though if this 'blue card' thing comes in im definitely done, beyond a joke that.
What an amazing article. I've watched football all over Europe and it's just a saner experience. More non season match tickets available, less hassle and better atmosphere. Other than Everton I haven't watched a top flight game live on tv in 15 years. The premier League is getting like Basketballs NBA but without the salary cap and draft that ensures some fairness.
Depressing that football at the top level is basically privatised and run for the rich like everything else in Britain.

I agree it's become boring and predictable. Since 2017 it's been increasingly uncompetitive and uninteresting, who wants to watch Liverpool and City win for the 10th time in a row. Look at the 70s and 80s, where even when Liverpool were dominating, teams still challenged them. Look at 1988/1989 where countless teams took points if Arsenal and Liverpool to create an exciting season. Look at all that money we spent in 2017, lose twice to United, get thrashed by Arsenal twice, Spurs twice. We were lucky to get a draw at Anfield and we couldn't even beat Liverpool's reserve side at GP. Get knocked out of the fa cup by their reserve side. Add to that ticket prices being ridiculous, day trippers and an a sub par product. Since Martinezs first season we have been crap, even under Koemann we were useless.
I get the day tripping thing but having the same 35000 or so every week adds to the stale atmosphere at many grounds.

The problem is the 'Euroleague' would replace European competition. They would still play domestically but qualifying for Europe would be predetermined. The Uefa competitions would exist as second class ones. Just look at European Basketball for an idea of how it might work unfortunately.