Why cant people understand football is a short term game

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't fully agree with the OP , why is there a need to resort to name calling ?
He started the thread somewhat politely and had some points that could be debated .
This isn't Twitter .
Saying that , I do agree with the majority of those who have said ( in a calm way ) that we should see how it all pans out .
We have a young squad that will get better and maybe , just maybe Feeney or another youngling may surprise us .

There isn't.

Sadly there's some posters with a lack of respect for anyone who has a differing opinion to their own.

Rather than just defend their own view they feel the need to try and berate other posters.

Pretty immature really.

There isn't.

Sadly there's some posters with a lack of respect for anyone who has a differing opinion to their own.

Rather than just defend their own view they feel the need to try and berate other posters.

Pretty immature really.
Because having fits like a 3 year old is the height of maturity.

A ball has yet to be kicked this season. No one has any clue as to how this season will go.

When it gets to 10 games in, have a whine then when patterns start emerging. Not crying like the original poster.

So many posts suggesting.. it's ok we will get a target in next summer or in the next window. The fact is, if we don't improve immensely then the better players will leave. That means richarlison....

This squad wont beat 7th this season, not a chance with centre back issues and lack of a zaha (better class than what we have)

Richarlison will not want to stay next season if we finish 8th again. This is the disappointment. That front 3 of zaha kean richarlison would have been immense. That wont happen now. That's the disappointment. We have no x factor again. We are basically a wolves Leicester level still. The same we have been for 20 years. And that glimmer of hope if finally taking that step is again shattered. And next season will be no different because top players will leave.

Mate, you need the summer where we sold Arteta on deadline day, then brought in Stracqualursi and Drenthe on loan.

Then, and only then, can you moan.

Because having fits like a 3 year old is the height of maturity.

A ball has yet to be kicked this season. No one has any clue as to how this season will go.

When it gets to 10 games in, have a whine then when patterns start emerging. Not crying like the original poster.

I see nothing in his post that makes him sound like he's throwing a fit or makes him come across as immature.

Problem is people who disagree with him seem to project their views of other posters who have been overly negative and immature on to him, even though he's not .

True, none of us know how the season is going to go, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have a opinion on how he thinks we stand.

99.9% of posters don't know how good or bad a player is going to be. Does that mean they shouldn't post their opinions on players until after 10 games?

The point is, Had we signed zaha I would feel that we could go into any game and have an edge. Now we are very similar quality (just as last season) to the likes of Watford, Leicester wolves etc etc. We have nothing on them teams. So its inevitable that we will finish mid table because it will be a case of win some lose some against them teams. Whereas if we had got zaha we then start out scoring them teams more regularly and vaulting up the table.

It was a statement signing that didn't happen but really needed to if we wanted to bridge the gap. With things as they are... we just wont

While I agree that Zaha would have been a very good addition and would likely have improved the side the deal just couldn't be made. Palace were asking a huge fee that the club just couldn't afford - that's the long and short of it. Your argument seems a little like a 6 year old berating their parents for not just buying everything in the toy shop.

Do you honestly think it's better to follow a Leeds / Portsmouth model to make progress as a club? Tell me how well they did at keeping their best players after making huge investments without prudent fiscal planning and tell me again how well they did at keeping their best players even 5 seasons after the financial meltdowns that followed?

Virtually every club in the world has to balance their books. Why are Everton any different?

CB aside, I'm chuffed with the business we've conducted.

Improving your team is an ongoing process, one that we are nearer the start of that the end. We've shipped out a lot of disinterested deadwood and brought in fresh young players who will improve individually and as a result improve the whole team.

I see nothing in his post that makes him sound like he's throwing a fit or makes him come across as immature.

Problem is people who disagree with him seem to project their views of other posters who have been overly negative and immature on to him, even though he's not .

True, none of us know how the season is going to go, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have a opinion on how he thinks we stand.

99.9% of posters don't know how good or bad a player is going to be. Does that mean they shouldn't post their opinions on players until after 10 games?
No. It’s throwing the baby out with the bath water claiming we have ‘no X Factor’ when we’ve just signed one of the best young players in Europe. It’s being a proper mard without ever seeing a ball be kicked.

If we knew exactly how it was going to end up we wouldn’t watch it.

Depressing, posts like that innit.

Maybe I am an oddball or sommat but I am counting down the hours to the new season, cannot wait to see our new players and unlike the OP, I am very confident we will finish top six and happen even the CL spots.

COYBB

Me too Khal. I think our activity has been interesting and sets us up nicely for the season. Mad how some of our own fans write us off without a ball being kicked

So many posts suggesting.. it's ok we will get a target in next summer or in the next window. The fact is, if we don't improve immensely then the better players will leave. That means richarlison....

This squad wont beat 7th this season, not a chance with centre back issues and lack of a zaha (better class than what we have)

Richarlison will not want to stay next season if we finish 8th again. This is the disappointment. That front 3 of zaha kean richarlison would have been immense. That wont happen now. That's the disappointment. We have no x factor again. We are basically a wolves Leicester level still. The same we have been for 20 years. And that glimmer of hope if finally taking that step is again shattered. And next season will be no different because top players will leave.
Do you honestly think Zaha was worth anything like the figure CrystalPalace were asking for him? I certainly didn’t and was glad when we walked away from this deal, and fervently hope we are not enticed back in January.

No loyalty now and film stars wages Shankley , and the Catt would have struggled with agents back then........
To think we had at least 2 world class players in out championship team in 1970 , and they were on about £50 per week more than a Ford car worker........

Status
Not open for further replies.