Why cant people understand football is a short term game

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much Moise Kean have you watched mate?

He's got the lot. He will be an absolute star for us. He didn't want a new contract at Juve, they had to sell.

Signing zaha was never a realistic option. I cannot understand why people are blaming Everton for not getting this deal done.

Even if we had offered 90 mil, palace would have found a reason to not go through with it. He’s far too valuable for them this season, especially with the sale of AWB earlier. Their defense will be weaker, they can’t spare the offense.

It was fun to dream, but he was never, ever coming. Don’t let the disappointment destroy your soul.

The club tried to get Zaha but seems palace price him out of a move to us. Shame but we move on. Can we afford to pay 90 million and 200k a week then 2 months he does his knee in. The club tried
Ha that would of sucked......yea this really does make you think. Do we really have that kind of money to lose or were we just going to gable our future.

Basically the club have a habit of strengthening one area but weakening the other in the process.

We needed an attacking midfielder/winger so we got Siggurdsson and Richarlison but lost Lukaku.

We then had no striker but got a good defence

We now sign a good striker but have a thin defence/lost Gana

Zaha and a back up CB would have given us our strongest squad since the 80's imo.

Yet as you say come next summer we may get a CB and goal scoring winger in but probably lose a Richarlison in the process.

Overall it does take more than 1 year and we are on the right track... however I would like to see us speed up the process as the top 6 wont be this open forever and clubs like Wolves and Leicester are strengthening all the time.

Leicester have problems in defence and their main striker is in the twilight of his career. They have some quality scattered about the team for sure, but they are not a stronger team than Everton.

It is going to take a bit of time due to the masses of dross collected by the 3 previous managers.

I can understand the thread starter, I don’t think it’s a crime to demand more. We have been a passive acceptable bunch for as Long as I remember I think many of us forgot how it feels like to be constantly pushing ourselves to the TOP or stay at the TOP. The competitiveness that we should always demand is at a very low level.

2 decades of failure have influence fans expectation to such a level that anything other than relegation can be seen as acceptable, and this mindset is so firmly entrenched that we see fans having a go at those who demand more. Sad state to be honest.

?

What are you actually on about?? :confused:

You've entirely missed the points that we have only a finite money coming in and that we should reserve the money for quality players. The likes of Liverpool and Spurs became quality teams by abiding their time and bought quality players when the opportunity arose.

We have to stop this knee jerking mentality, so apparent on this forum, and think how we can develop a strong team over two or three seasons. Otherwise we will waste a life time opportunity to become a dominating force in football. Yes we had the money but haven't got a bloody clue on how to spend it. Hence the dismissals of our previous three managers. Each dismissal equals a wasted season / progression.

Our best players will leave if we continue to buying mediocre / average players. Our best players will feel Everton's board have no 'Plan A' to guide the club to greater things. Buying mediocre / average players impedes our progress. Why stay on a ship with no direction?

I couldn't care less about your point on how the board sanctioning transfer process works. That's an entirely different subject for another thread.

Taking a big risk at centre-back but aside we have a stronger squad than last year and don’t forget how Silva had us performing at season’s end.

Throwing £100m at Zaha is just not the way to do things even in the short term.

So many posts suggesting.. it's ok we will get a target in next summer or in the next window. The fact is, if we don't improve immensely then the better players will leave. That means richarlison....

This squad wont beat 7th this season, not a chance with centre back issues and lack of a zaha (better class than what we have)

Richarlison will not want to stay next season if we finish 8th again. This is the disappointment. That front 3 of zaha kean richarlison would have been immense. That wont happen now. That's the disappointment. We have no x factor again. We are basically a wolves Leicester level still. The same we have been for 20 years. And that glimmer of hope if finally taking that step is again shattered. And next season will be no different because top players will leave.
Well after a days rest do you still feel the same way? Be honest.

You are as much as you spend these days..Who can argue this standings at the end of season will surprise him? Same old..

Yeah but mikey we've both been on these forums for years and years. How can you be content with players worse than what we had last season. No zouma, no gueye, 2 key players gone. Instead we have unproven players who could be good or could be crap. I'm just livid as when are we actually going to make a step up. How many more years of mediocrity do we accept?
What exactly are we meant to be doing then? Going out and signing proven premier league and champions league players from teams above us?!

Status
Not open for further replies.