Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelski fans not happy hes nicking their coach....
Screenshot_20220128-221307.png

"Always loved playing Everton and at Goodison Park as I used to smash 20 yarders in and bang goals for fun against them. Different now like but I always appreciated bagging"
I would actually respect him if he said something like that.

Instead it’ll be “something something big club etc”

Now he has to integrate 30 rubbish players into a team
Not at all. The first thing he needs to do is get the players behind him and playing for him. Not easy but doable. He then needs to come up with a system that suits the players he has available. Again, not easy but doable. He needs a bit better luck with injuries and, ideally, he needs to bring in a couple of players to freshen things up and cover the injuries we have in midfield.

At the end of the day, expectations are lower than any other manager that's taken over since Moyes left. Survival. We're in a better position than the teams below us and, despite what you said, have a far better squad. Pretty much this same group of players were still in with a chance of top 4 with half a dozen games left last season. They aren't rubbish. Some of the are I agree but we have a top 8 first XI when fit and motivated.

Kovac went to hopeless, dead last Frankfurt in february and made them top6 cup winners next few years, rebic and jovic into 30mil players...but lampard has huge charisma for english players, fans and it could be Big this year..hope its 343 with gordon and mykolenko as wing backs

McNulty really went out of his way to force that in a few negatives there.

I mean, another angle could be;

In his first season in charge, despite losing a key player in Eden Hazard and operating under a club transfer ban - Lampard guided Chelsea to a fourth-placed finish, ensuring another UEFA Champions League campaign and his own nomination for the 2019/20 Barclays Manager of the Season award.
The transfer ban was delayed though which allowed Chelsea to spend £220m in the window before the ban came in. They finished 4th only because Leicester bottled it.

The most worrying thing though is that Chelsea who have been defensively rock solid for a decade and a half conceded 54 League goals that season. Bournemouth and Watford who got relegated only conceded 64 and 65 goals.

I genuinely hope that the leaks and updates are building to a big announcement by the club with Lampard, Cahill and 2 new signings all announced in one go. Give us all a proper buzz for the next game

Kovac went to hopeless, dead last Frankfurt in february and made them top6 cup winners next few years, rebic and jovic into 30mil players...but lampard has huge charisma for english players, fans and it could be Big this year..hope its 343 with gordon and mykolenko as wing backs

Gordon wingback?

Amusing

Status
Not open for further replies.