Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's got to be Dunc.

Till the end of the season. This wouldn't be an impulsive decision, any one else right now would be. We need
some unity and some one to get a reaction out the players.

I don't agree with anyone who thinks Big Dunc is "part of the problem". In fact I think he'll quickly sort out the
problems on the pitch and in the training ground if he's given the next few months.

Well if the conspiracy theorists on here are correct and Moshiri buys who he wants and doesn't give a DOF full control then I cant see how a builder like Potter or whoever will ultimately work.

Mourinho would essentially do what Carlo did - dull football that gets you results with a bunch of limited players.

Thats as good as it gets for us imo - those expecting a flash hip young manager to come in and be given £150 million to revamp the squad with flare players are going to be in for dissapointment imo
That doesn't mean people still don't want that!

You sound a broken man there, giving up before a decision is even made.

We probably will go for another dumb short term appointment, that's what Moshiri has don't more often than not, a big name. We are allowed to want more than that though.

It's got to be Dunc.

Till the end of the season. This wouldn't be an impulsive decision, any one else right now would be. We need
some unity and some one to get a reaction out the players.

I don't agree with anyone who thinks Big Dunc is "part of the problem". In fact I think he'll quickly sort out the
problems on the pitch and in the training ground if he's given the next few months.
He’s like a turd that won’t flush.

That doesn't mean people still don't want that!

You sound a broken man there, giving up before a decision is even made.

We probably will go for another dumb short term appointment, that's what Moshiri has don't more often than not, a big name. We are allowed to want more than that though.

If FFP wasn't a thing I would be confident in the owner throwing big money at a good attacking coach and giving them £100+ million budget to bring in some class players.

Unfortunately the current squad isnt fit for purpose and we haven't much wiggle room to spend (will have even less if we sack Benitez).

I've been pretty consistent from the start that if Benitez went the chances of us appointing someone to push us on in our current state is very minimal.

Sacking Benitez is a huge roll of the dice. It probably makes relegation more, rather than less likely.

It will take over a month for Everton to appoint a new permanent manager, because it always does, because we insist on going through a lengthy interview process. In theory I'm all for doing due diligence, but when we get through more managers than anyone else in the league, you have to wonder what all that due diligence is for.

And this is obviously not the best time to be looking for a permanent manager.

In addition to which, our transfer strategy is now in chaos: no Director of Football (because Benitez wanted him out), we've literally just sold one of our better players (because Benitez wanted him out), so any further transfer business will be in the hands of an interim manager.

We could of course appoint an interim manager from within the club to take us to the end of the season. But it's not like we've got the security of a mid-table position. We can't afford to be swayed by sentiment. We need someone with the credentials to get us playing again and get us out of this mess. And even then there are no guarantees: Ancelotti struggled in the second half of last season, with a stronger squad at his disposal than Benitez has had for most games.

Scary times.

If FFP wasn't a thing I would be confident in the owner throwing big money at a good attacking coach and giving them £100+ million budget to bring in some class players.

Unfortunately the current squad isnt fit for purpose and we haven't much wiggle room to spend (will have even less if we sack Benitez).

I've been pretty consistent from the start that if Benitez went the chances of us appointing someone to push us on in our current state is very minimal.
You have been pretty wrong from the start too to be fair (I am not having a pop by the way, I actually admire your persistence).

We don't need a mad attacking manager, I don't think we need huge amounts of money either, we just need to be smart and move things around a bit which was kind of happening with Benitez but you simply need to pick up points and have a plan, he had neither.

Play to players strengths, fill the gaps whatever way you can and improve the ones you want to keep.

I dont mind dunc as a temporary caretaker but the notions of him being the next manager are pure romanticism in my mind. id rather have rooney than him. at least he has experience managing a club for more than a couple of games. if he went to the championship and distinguished id be open to the appointment. His style is pretty old school too and the primitive tactics of Benitez weren't that effective. Lets get Kovac or Rudi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.