Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i remember correctly, I was at a game away against Wigan with my my mate and Fergusson was subbed on, said to my mate (sadly now departed) he'll get sent off here! He was. I can't remember the result but he was one of those players you never knew who would turn up, Jekyll or Hyde! But he has matured into a good trainer who players can respond to, but I very much doubt that he (or Rooney) will be the answer to our myriad problems. As I, and others, have said, good technical director (DOF) then new coach, then new players. We are NOT going down.
1 win in 14, that’s nearly half a season

Based on yesterday, Ferguson will provide the same as we got under Benitez. I'm pretty shocked by what he served up and expected fresh ideas. Was he not watching on the bench?

I cant think of many worse options. Yesterday was an absolute load of rubbish. He sent a team out to run around and hoof it. Its 2022 and we are a club stuck in the footballing middle ages.

Hel take it back to basics, he will play direct, we will be a pain to play - relegation battle 101. Needs must.

Villa aren’t a bad team, I thought we were at least competitive we should of got a result, sometimes when you are in our position you get 0 luck.

We need patterns of play and an actual identity. That needs proper coaching, hard work, and buy in from the players.

Our identity is currently run around a bit and hoof it. Play for crosses and hopefully score a header.

Anyone who doesn't want to put their foot on the ball needs to be kicked out to the reserves. We need some standards and to actually show quality.

Since when did we appoint the right manager? This bunch of idiots running the club havnt got a clue
Well, that's the problem and would add to weight to the argument that we need a DoF who can actually do their job without interference from other people.

We need to pick a philosophy and pick the manager that matches it. We need to buy players who match that philosophy. Instead, it's all ad-hoc.

Hel take it back to basics, he will play direct, we will be a pain to play - relegation battle 101. Needs must.

Villa aren’t a bad team, I thought we were at least competitive we should of got a result, sometimes when you are in our position you get 0 luck.
The only basics we need are at set plays.

Every other area we need a plan and quality. We need to be brave on the ball and learn how to press. Ferguson won't bring us any of those things.

I'm not picking on your post specifically, but we need to get away from this sort of agricultural approach and this mythical Everton way. No good Everton team of the past just set to hoof it away as soon as we get it. Thats not football, its a lack of courage to play.

I saw turgid Benitez ball yesterday. Nothing fresh, nothing innovative, nothing impressive, just the same old rubbish

We need 5 wins minimum we have won 1 game in 14, Ferguson doesn’t have any tactical skills or know how to get them wins. Yesterday showed that. It’s really scary any way you look at

I think we’re beyond philosphey in all honesty mate we’re in a fight for our life. In all honesty I think Villa would have tanked us yesterday playing the Rafael way.

In all honesty we don’t need some manager coming in trying to play something like p,aging out from the back or a pocession based game and implementing a new style of play half way through the season.

To my mind we’re in a battle and need to go to war.

I think we’re beyond philosphey in all honesty mate we’re in a fight for our life. In all honesty I think Villa would have tanked us yesterday playing the Rafael way.

In all honesty we don’t need some manager coming in trying to play something like p,aging out from the back or a pocession based game and implementing a new style of play half way through the season.

We played exactly same style and system as Benitez.

I think we’ve a poor team, but I think we performed yesterday, it’s better then I’ve seen.

My understanding there is a strong chance PL are dictating our budget, so it may be up to the PL whether we can sign players at the mo. Can’t see anyone who would improve us would want to come here at the mo to be honest. But on the opposite side we’ve thrown money at it in the past and hasn’t got any better.

Thus re,Indus me of the season, Joe left and Waggy came in and manned the trenches.

can we have joe then lol

oh yearh we was miles better than we’ve been all season

i don’t know if he can get us the points he needs to change two in the middle for a chance

;) deffo maybe my other post to you was pointless lol - if it’s fight you will only get that from dunc

The only basics we need are at set plays.

Every other area we need a plan and quality. We need to be brave on the ball and learn how to press. Ferguson won't bring us any of those things.

I'm not picking on your post specifically, but we need to get away from this sort of agricultural approach and this mythical Everton way. No good Everton team of the past just set to hoof it away as soon as we get it. Thats not football, its a lack of courage to play.

I saw turgid Benitez ball yesterday. Nothing fresh, nothing innovative, nothing impressive, just the same old rubbish

Would disagree personally, the team look what they are, benefit of spirit and togetherness, they haven’t been man managed the whole time under Benitez. Fergusson needs to turn that oil tanker around.

Strip her back, instill passsion, commitment, battle and fight for some points won’t be pretty but that’s what relegation battles are about. Not sure it’s the Everton way particularly, it’s football pal. It’s why teams in this league can punch above their weight. Certain qualities that make you competitive can get results - that where we are at, it’s what’s needs beyond tactics or philosphey.

It’s the job of work of Dunc to try and repair the damage Benitez created in the squad. If you think any manager is coming in and we’re going to take off with this group of players, I think you are sadly mistaken.

Any manager that comes in whether it’s Mourhino, Kovac, Lampard or Dunc would be stupid if they didn’t look to strip it back to basics engender the qualities I mention and make us hard to beat beyond anything, we’re in that much of a mess.

"disaster". He won 3 trophies for them.
Well all relative isn't it. They wanted him out desperately, the players disliked him, as did the fans.

His footy is pretty dull and he relies on individual moments of class to win games. Isn't that what we've just had??

Would disagree personally, the team look what they are, benefit of spirit and togetherness, they haven’t been man managed the whole time under Benitez. Fergusson needs to turn that oil tanker around.

Strip her back, instill passsion, commitment, battle and fight for some points won’t be pretty but that’s what relegation battles are about. Not sure it’s the Everton way particularly, it’s football pal. It’s why teams in this league can punch above their weight. Certain qualities that make you competitive can get results - that where we are at, it’s what’s needs beyond tactics or philosphey.

It’s the job of work of Dunc to try and repair the damage Benitez created in the squad. If you think any manager is coming in and we’re going to take off with this group of players, I think you are sadly mistaken.
I think we are getting relegated unless we bring a manager who wants to get on the ball with a clear identity. There is only one other side in the league who play our style and they are bottom.

Passion is irrelevant when the gameplan is to hoof it aimlessly at every opportunity

I don't disagree with that shout, Favre is who we should have gone after immediately after Martinez was sacked. They didn't and here we are. He's quite a bit on the older side tho.
Tbf the big miss is Tuchel in 2017 but you know, they're idiots.

I agree that Favre is older than ideal, he's 64 so that's why I think you'd have to say him look, come in and sort us out, we want you for 18 months to turn this thing around and then maybe you could move him up to another role within the club? He's brilliant at implementing an exciting style of play and he also likes youngsters to play too. He wants a direct approach but he's not a long ball merchant - some on here can't separate that.

Realistically I know it's probably not going to happen but I think Kovac would end up gone in 18 months anyway so in that case I'd rather appoint a manager with a proven track record of turning clubs who are a bit of a mess around.

I think we are getting relegated unless we bring a manager who wants to get on the ball with a clear identity. There is only one other side in the league who play our style and they are bottom.

Passion is irrelevant when the gameplan is to hoof it aimlessly at every opportunity

I don’t think we have the players myself, I know the point your making. But we don’t have that guile in the team especially in midfield. Benitez f us getting rid of Digne and Jamo, where ever you sit in the deals, both were catalysts as Digne proved yesterday for Vila - you couldn’t make it up really.

As a club we’ve been here before it’s 1997 again with Joe & Waggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.