Who would you play Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading that the new signings who are going to take us to the next level are 'not ready yet', 'had no pre-season'
'have to prove they're ready to play' ' have to earn their place' 'not match fit', and 'not ready yet'.

How can they do that without playing? Training well isn't enough, apparently.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Zouma Digne
Gana
Davies Sigurdsson
Walcott Tosun Richarlison

I’d go with that today, but TBF I’d like to see more of what some of these players are capable of under Silva, rather than judge them on last season.

Main areas in question for me :

Holding - If Schneiderlin can find his 1st season form/attitude, then he’s fine. Gana is better for his energy & ball winning & he’s wasted going forward.

Striker - If we’re going to create loads of chances in the box, Tosun could score 20. Unfortunately, I don’t think he offers much in a team that’s not creating chances. DCL may not have Tosun’s finishing, but he’d create more for Richarlison/Walcott/Bernard.

Attacking MF - Equal to our pathetic defending, this was our biggest problem last year. Converting all our effort & field position into chances. I’ve never seen Gomes or Bernard play (apart from a few clips), but hoping they can do the business. Maybe even Lookman if he stays?

Can’t feel 100% enthusiasm yet, because Koeman killed my love of the game. Think I’m in footy PTSD. Quietly confident there’s something building though.

COYB!!!!!

I keep reading that the new signings who are going to take us to the next level are 'not ready yet', 'had no pre-season'
'have to prove they're ready to play' ' have to earn their place' 'not match fit', and 'not ready yet'.

They have to learn the tactics at a minimum. That’ll take a bit.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Zouma Digne
Gana
Davies Sigurdsson
Walcott Tosun Richarlison

I’d go with that today, but TBF I’d like to see more of what some of these players are capable of under Silva, rather than judge them on last season.

Main areas in question for me :

Holding - If Schneiderlin can find his 1st season form/attitude, then he’s fine. Gana is better for his energy & ball winning & he’s wasted going forward.

Striker - If we’re going to create loads of chances in the box, Tosun could score 20. Unfortunately, I don’t think he offers much in a team that’s not creating chances. DCL may not have Tosun’s finishing, but he’d create more for Richarlison/Walcott/Bernard.

Attacking MF - Equal to our pathetic defending, this was our biggest problem last year. Converting all our effort & field position into chances. I’ve never seen Gomes or Bernard play (apart from a few clips), but hoping they can do the business. Maybe even Lookman if he stays?

Can’t feel 100% enthusiasm yet, because Koeman killed my love of the game. Think I’m in footy PTSD. Quietly confident there’s something building though.

COYB!!!!!

davies should be nowhere near our startining 11 once everyones fit imo

The forums gone from a summer where we wanted to start 10 new outfield players to basically wanting the same tripe as last year with the sparkle of Richarlison. To say Baines had a decent game last week ignores the fact their winger decided that being offside was a fun and wholesome activity. Get Digne starting. Get Schindercrab out and give Bernard 60 minutes. Prove this is a new era Everton, not another false dawn.

davies should be nowhere near our startining 11 once everyones fit imo
Correct, he's poo. Tbh first thing I'd be doing if I was Silva is telling him to get that hair sorted out and he's not in the squad until he stops looking like a divvy.

The old maxim of ‘don’t change a winning side’ comes to mind......

Status
Not open for further replies.