Who should replace Gueye in midfield vs. Chelsea?

Who then?

• Tom Snivelley (clevs)

Votes: 87 40.1%
  • Liam Walsh

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • Gibson (lol)

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Get yer shinnies on Big Dunc

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Cheesy midfield bits

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

No problem it's all solved.

Moysie has just rang in to the radio Murkeyside football phone-in.

Move Lukaku to left back, Oviedo baby slots into this midfield spot, and it's Naisse up front on his own.

Result! a 7-0 win for the Pensioners.

At the moment. On paper we're quite well equipped in that department. I'd consider McCarthy, Besic and Gibson to be great backup for that position

Two are injury prone to the extent of not being viable squad members, and the other may as well be given he barely does anything even when on the pitch.

All three of those should have been part of the clearout in the summer.

Crock_comic_strip_logo.png

Before or after we signed their replacements?

Gibson, before. No point to him. Offering him a new contract is surreal.

On second thoughts, Besic was just unlucky, so maybe not, but he's still unproven and a reserve team player in my eyes until he gets a good six months of games at that level without breaking down.

McCarthy should have been sold on and it's my belief we meant to, but were incompetent in our transfer business and couldn't bring in a guy to replace him.

Gibson, before. No point to him. Offering him a new contract is surreal.
My thinking was that we were hoping to get a transfer fee - or possibly the terms of his new contract are tied into appearances for the first team (although this would imply competence from Elstone so maybe not)

On second thoughts, Besic was just unlucky, so maybe not, but he's still unproven and a reserve team player in my eyes until he gets a good six months of games at that level without breaking down.
There's a player in there - whether we get to see him or not I have my doubts.

McCarthy should have been sold on and it's my belief we meant to, but were incompetent in our transfer business and couldn't bring in a guy to replace him.
Did you not hear? We swerved Sissoko so that we could keep our James.

Status
Not open for further replies.