Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Dyche appointment would see us playing very similar football to what we’ve witnessed for years, boring garbage togger.

I want to see something different
Well if it’s Bielsa with our players you’ll certainly see something different.

As long as you don’t mind which team is scoring the goals you’ll be in for a treat.

It is, but the idea that most teams around us are just going to go off like rockets and race up the table won't happen. Whoever comes in will get more than 15 points, of that i've little doubt. A total of 35 points will likely be enough this season, maybe less.
I just don’t see it mate. We are in a tailspin

We're a fickle bunch us fans.

You'd be surprised (or not) how quickly fans will change their opinions after just a few results.

Dyche would be like Benitez. The fans would have him as long as he’s winning every game but the second he lost two in a row the moans would start. He’d have no long term future here unfortunately. The patience that we showed with Moyes to build back into the top half just isn’t in the fanbase any more.

Well ****** me!

Sean Dyche.

Just how far have we fallen. What have we become.

A very dark and sad day in Everton’s Fabulous history.
Isn't he supposedly a massive RS supporter as well?

Benitez and now this. Seems like we have a fascination with appointing managers who may not even like the club in the 1st place.

That's not even the most worrying thing. The fact Dyche and Bielsa are the 2 supposed candidates says everything about the muddled thinking at the club. Something has continually scuppered things in the Moshiri era. Been very evident since early on but lots were blinded by the fact we were spending money in the transfer market at that point.

The fees paid were too high for the level of players we signed. Both have struggled in my opinion, and we could do with another full back.
Patterson was bought for the right intentions: a FB that could get up the pitch.

The idea on player-type wan't the issue. That was correct. He just couldn't cope with the position in the PL. It was easy to get up and down the pitch in the SPL but it isn't in the PL.

Patterson was bought for the right intentions: a FB that could get up the pitch.

The idea on player-type wan't the issue. That was correct. He just couldn't cope with the position in the PL. It was easy to get up and down the pitch in the SPL but it isn't in the PL.
He might well improve, because he clearly has some talent. But he wasn't the right signing for a team in a relegation battle because we didn't have time for him to go through the natural ups and downs of development. To be honest, if we go down I reckon he would be excellent next season at the lower level.

The more I think about it the more I think we should have gone back for bobby brown shoes ! fought relegation off with wigan for a number of years so has the experience of it . got sacked when we didnt spend much money and finished 12th and got us to two finals. gave us an identity that I would take that right now !

The candidates are depressing but then so is the squad. Allardyce or Dyche are probably the best options for a team this slow and this talentless. The only hope is to work hard, get some structure and hope we can bully some teams with direct football. Bielsa would be a disaster with this squad. Only Iwobi would suit his energetic style.

It feels like a long way back to mediocrity.

If I'm totally honest I dont think either of these keep us up. We'll concede too many with one and wont score enough with the other.

Depressing

EDIT: why the panic to get a manager in for the weekend? We've no game. Get a striker in and then focus on the manager.

Such an unimaginative final two of two recently sacked PL managers. In an ideal world (ie at the start of a pre season, with a healthy transfer budget) of course you’d want Bielsa but imo where we are now he’d be a disaster.

You can’t change the strengths and weaknesses squad we have in the next few days and you have to pick a manager that suits the squad. For me of the two the only one who can come in with a style that suits the strengths and weaknesses as they are is Dyche.

Dyche would be like Benitez. The fans would have him as long as he’s winning every game but the second he lost two in a row the moans would start. He’d have no long term future here unfortunately. The patience that we showed with Moyes to build back into the top half just isn’t in the fanbase any more.

Basically the fans have to take a lot of the blame for the current situation - i.e. a massive lack of patience?

Am past caring they are both better managers than Lampard. The one thing Lampard had going for him was he could convince players to come like Onana can Dyche do the same. Because we desperately need some better players through the door.

If I'm totally honest I dont think either of these keep us up. We'll concede too many with one and wont score enough with the other.

Depressing

EDIT: why the panic to get a manager in for the weekend? We've no game. Get a striker in and then focus on the manager.

Exactly.

Thick gets who run this club.

We all know we need attackers. Both Bielsa and Dyche could agree the type they need.

We need 2/3 players in here by the end of the window or forget it...no manager is keeping us up.

Basically the fans have to take a lot of the blame for the current situation - i.e. a massive lack of patience?

No I don’t think that’s the reason for us being terrible recently but when we got to the end of the Moyes period we had a lot of fans moaning about how we ‘only won 2-0 at home we don’t win by 4 or 5’ ‘we don’t win away at the top 4’ etc. Looking back now we’d obviously take routine home wins and European football in a second.

Since then though there’s been no appetite for any football that might in any way be perceived as ‘pragmatic’. There were people moaning about Carlo Ancelotti even when we were challenging the top 4 and winning at Anfield. Lots of people didn’t want José Mourinho as a manager. We basically got rid of Allardyce for a terrible style of football not based on results. People were moaning about Frank being more pragmatic last season and keeping us up.

I just think if Moshiri hands Dyche a 5 year contract and says he’s going to keep us up and rebuild some foundations, the patience of the collective Everton fan base would last until PL safety was mathematically certain then the whining about playing style would start.

Status
Not open for further replies.