Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank is not being sacked. A mutual and amicable agreement is being prepared, witth a suitable payoff, and statements of regret that it didn't work out and good luck to both parties. Probably in place before the Arsenal game with a caretaker until a new manager before the end of January.
tumblr-lyn4ku-RQ4w1qhkchgo1-500.gif

I personally can't see Lampard being sacked at this point. I don't think the board would want to bring even more pressure on themselves. Sacking a Chelsea and England legend, who is thought of fondly within the Southern press, would likely bring an even brighter spotlight on the owners and board.

However, if it does happen the board have the choice of short term appointment to avoid relegation or longer term appointment.

The safer choice is potentially an older head for 6-18 months. But this comes with more short term decision and potential long term effects (similar to Allardyce and his signings). I'd guess that Sean Dyche potentially fits in this categor.

The riskier choice is a longer term type employment. There's absolutely no chance of getting a Pochhetino type manager in. Why would they want to? I think you are looking for younger, promising managers who would take the risk at taking on a big PL club in the relegation zone. Would someone like Matthias Jaissle be an option? Or dipping into The Championship for someone like Michael Carrick or Ryan Lowe who have both shown promise? Though not young I'd throw Ange Postecoglu into this unknown bracket.

Where I think it would end up is the middle ground (if Lamapard is sacked). A manager who offers less risk but a lot less upside. A Nuno Santos type appointment.

After I buy out Moshiri I would cancel the DOF job altogether, appoint Conte and give him a big wedge of money to choose his own players. I think Conte is ace.

They are tits as well. Notice how they boo their team off when things aren't going well? Talking of which Pep mentioned his "quiet crowd" in the first half against Spurs. Guess who booed them off at half time? The citeh tits. Imagine if Everton had their squad would we boo them off? Yes OK some on GOT would. Tits.

So it looks like Moyes might keep his job today so does that mean it's going to be Dyche for us? I'd prefer someone like Nuno for now tbh, at least him and Thelwell know how each other works. Not really sure who else we will look at, there are loads of good foreign guys out of work at the moment but no chance we would look at any of them, we just don't seem to do that sort of thing.

So it looks like Moyes might keep his job today so does that mean it's going to be Dyche for us? I'd prefer someone like Nuno for now tbh, at least him and Thelwell know how each other works. Not really sure who else we will look at, there are loads of good foreign guys out of work at the moment but no chance we would look at any of them, we just don't seem to do that sort of thing.
Nuno or Favre would be my preferences I think

Dyche or Duncan. Dyche would see it as he has something to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.