Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 68 other - come on them let’s hear the names then, because the names on this thread haven’t varied much from the list in the poll other than the Celtic guy.

If you’re going to say Tuchel or Poch then don’t bother
Would take Tuchel or Poch in a heartbeat. Still astonished that Chelsea punted Tuchel.

Presumably you're going to say they aren't realistic, but then again we've seen Ancelotti take the hot seat here and we've also had Samuel Et'o and James Rodriguez play in the royal blue in the last decade. Money talks.

As for other options... for some reason I can't get transfermarkt to show me a list of available managers so at the moment I have no suggestions.

Listened in on one of those twitter spaces yesterday evening, and some divvy on there saying we should go get Mourinho because he won’t take any sh1t ?
Yeah let’s go and get another dinosaur who alienates the dressing room…. Cos that work out so well last season!

Not that he’d come here anyway!

Only Everton fans would turn their nose up at Jose Mourinho when we’re a bottom half premier league team.

I’d saw my arm off for him to come here. It would honestly be a miracle outcome for us. He’s tactically miles ahead of most managers in the prem and would get the best out of our limited players.

Only Everton fans would turn their nose up at Jose Mourinho when we’re a bottom half premier league team.

I’d saw my arm off for him to come here. It would honestly be a miracle outcome for us. He’s tactically miles ahead of most managers in the prem and would get the best out of our limited players.
Some managers only suit top 4 sides, which were not, that's why Sam was a good fit and Dyche will be

Brighton were flirting with relegation every season under Potter until this one. They had huge problems scoring goals.

No we shouldn’t have kept Mike Walker.

Things that I think managers should be fired for:

They’ve lost the dressing room
They’re hugely underperforming with the squad they have
They’re consistently picking wrong line ups/wrong formations
They make bad substitutions that lose games
They’re buying and selling the wrong players and wasting money
A new manager bounce is the only option left to save from relegation

- Frank hasn’t lost the dressing room
- He might be underperforming slightly but this is a lower end prem squad no doubt about it
- He picks line ups and players that the majority of fans would pick most times
- He’s slow to substitutions admittedly but I don’t ever think they’re majorly the wrong ones
- Coady Tarkowski are decent buys, Judy out on Garner Onana, front two aren’t looking great
- we’re nowhere near a new manager bounce being the only thing that can save us

So at the moment no I wouldn’t fire him. If these things change then it’s worth reassessing. Ultimately I’d only consider it if we were guaranteed to get a world class manager e.g Pochettino or Mourinho were available and wanted to come.

Giving this squad to another manager though could be a disaster. Look at Potter at Chelsea, he is an extremely good coach but even with every good players it’s going to take him time. We could get someone like him in and they could take us down. Dyche could come in and have all the same problems Frank has got. Sometimes the best person to fix the issues is the one in place who’s had time to look at them.
An open question; if a team gets a lot of scoring chances, but struggles to score, is it because of the manager's style of play, or is it because of the quality of the players? In Brighton, it was quite clear that they had an effective game model, and it was well integrated, but they lacked quality in front of goal. Put another way, give Potter quality players and they will score goals. As an investor, I would think that this was a project I could invest in.

Because a manager's job, among other things, is to create a game model and train on it, so that the team can carry the ball from their own third to the opponent's goal. Potter was skilled at this, and did as a manager should. But how is it with Everton, and not least with our manager FL, has he created an effective game model in the offensive phase? Would I, as an investor, invest in this? Hardly, because what I see with my eyes and what I get confirmed by the data is that this is not a particularly future-oriented model that will give me any particular dividends.

And by the way, Brighton and Brentford are among the clubs that use data most actively in their work. That was also why CH (in Brighton) was fired, because they saw it was not viable over time.

We have 68 other - come on them let’s hear the names then, because the names on this thread haven’t varied much from the list in the poll other than the Celtic guy.

If you’re going to say Tuchel or Poch then don’t bother
I was going to suggest sacking Lampard and then re-hiring him; kind of like what people are suggesting with Martinez and Moyes. My way you get to cut out all of the deadwood in between their respective tenures.

And you are saying you’d be ok with relegation so long as we have continuity

Go back to the NFL thread, there’s no promotion or relegation there. The consequences of relegation from the Premier League with a theee quarters built stadium would be horrendous.

Yes lad, let’s continue with your strategy, it’s worked out ace so far

That's an odd way of saying "he'd burn the house down within fifteen minutes, spend every interview complaining about being stuck in a Liverpool hotel like he's the Portugese Terry Waite, throw a strop over transfer budgets quicker than you could say 'Nemanja Matic', and destroy morale before engineering another payoff".

Hell, there'd barely be time to start two dozen 'did we sack Frank too soon?' threads on here before the Mourinho mushroom cloud had reached it's zenith. ?

That's an odd way of saying "he'd burn the house down within fifteen minutes, spend every interview complaining about being stuck in a Liverpool hotel like he's the Portugese Terry Waite, throw a strop over transfer budgets quicker than you could say 'Nemanja Matic', and destroy morale before engineering another payoff".

Hell, there'd barely be time to start two dozen 'did we sack Frank too soon?' threads on here before the Mourinho mushroom cloud had reached it's zenith. ?

Based on what?

Trophy winner are every club he’s been at apart from Spurs where he had therm in a final he didn’t get to play.

If burning the house down means cup finals then sign me up

Based on what?

Trophy winner are every club he’s been at apart from Spurs where he had therm in a final he didn’t get to play.

If burning the house down means cup finals then sign me up
I don't doubt Mourinho's winner nature, but if you honestly think he's going to jump ship at Roma where he's been able to put together a side that looks like it's going somewhere, with European football, under what appears to be stable ownership all to come to a club circling the drain, with no real resources, in a part of the country he hated being in, to work for a trigger happy owner and have his trophy count hinging on Mason Holgate and Tom Davies, then I don't know what to tell ya......

Status
Not open for further replies.