Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. We should deffo change manager. Why change a tried and trusted formula, eh? Who should we get next lads? Pep? Klopp? Hell, why not dream big and go for both…

Yes, why, the next manager is going to make things beautiful and everything will be ok.

How many times have the fans called for a change in manager in the last 10 years? How many managers have we had?

I watched Liverpool stick 5 past Everton on 1982. We should deffo have sacked Kendall then. Definitely.

Feel free to tell me what happens next, if we sack Lampard. Please tell me you’ve all worked it all out…

Or you could all actually learn. Just an idea lads.
Can u please point out where I said that we should make a change.
Your initial point was that fans should not be allowed to vent their frustration.
Even the current manager said that they were after yesterday's capitulation

Brighton and Brentford gave those managers time. Brighton were poor for ages under Potter until it came good. Some Everton fans now have no patience. They wouldn’t have backed Kendall, they wouldn’t have had Moyes after his second season, they wouldn’t have had Sir Alex at United. It’s just instant gratification or change everything now.
I think you're missing the point about Potter and why people admire the work he did. Potter was the manager of the hipsters because, on all underlying statistics considered reliable for future success, he did very well, with one of the lowest budgets in the PL.

In a relatively short time, he transformed Brighton's style from being quite primitive to becoming a fairly complex style, which was quite similar to the style of the top clubs. Although the results at the beginning were not much better than Houghton you could tell this was going to be very good and the style of play was very recognizable from day 1. The same can be said with Brentford.

All of this is missing with Lampard, which is why I think the comparison is poor. With Potter you had a rational justification - substance - but with Lampard it's just blind faith.

You’re acting like sticking with a failing manager is a proven strategy for success.

It’s not.

Maybe we should have kept Mike Walker?

Maybe we should have kept Benitez?

The only manager that didn’t deserve the sack was Sam Allardyce. Every other one of them needed sacking.

So every other manager has failed. Got it. So now all you’ve got to do is pick a winning manager.

That’s incredible!!! why hasn’t anyone thought of that before????

We’re guarantee to be a success then.

So every other manager has failed. Got it. So now all you’ve got to do is pick a winning manager.

That’s incredible!!! why hasn’t anyone thought of that before????

We’re guarantee to be a success then.

Each change in manager has brought about a brief but temporary upturn in form. It has been extremely marginal in Lampard’s case, but we cannot ignore that doing nothing can have far greater consequences than the upheaval that comes with a manager change.

We may be a mess right now, but we are still in the Premier League, for now. I think we’d have been relegated already if we hadn’t sacked Martinez, Silva and Benitez when we did.

Will be a few managers looking for work after the World Cup, keep our powder dry for the next few weeks and if the club are minded to change do it after Qatar when managers will be kicking their heels and give them a (nearly) entire January transfer window to sort it out.

My thoughts include Martinez but I reckon we'd look at Southgate.

Will be a few managers looking for work after the World Cup, keep our powder dry for the next few weeks and if the club are minded to change do it after Qatar when managers will be kicking their heels and give them a (nearly) entire January transfer window to sort it out.

My thoughts include Martinez but I reckon we'd look at Southgate.
I said this about Southgate a few weeks ago, Moshiri is that stupid.

No one can manage this joke of a club. Sick of it. Same old everton, season after season can't even vent out a bit of anger without the woke mods deleting stuff on here. Feel for the fans but the club, team and the goons in charge can do one. Trouble is this crap will carry on into the new stadium, which everton does not deserve to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.