Who is the Elder Stateman now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadaToffee

Player Valuation: £10m
...among surviving former players. A few decades ago it was Dixie (obviously). I'll submit that until a couple of years ago, Labby was the most likely candidate. IMO he passed the mantle to Bally.

So now, who is in yout opinion the elder stateman of surviving former players?

Is he still playing?

I read somewhere he was gonna play for Rhyl? someone taking the piss, he was gettin on when he was playing for us.

Even Nev would say that Rodders if not Gordon West, Ray Wilson.......first requirement of an elder statesman is that they need to be old!:p

He was in goal for us when i realised that Everton was the team i had been blessed with to support ( check out my sig! ), when was that, late 60's, early 70's?

Last edited:
1. Dave Hickson
2. Gordon West

Some of the other old boys are still knocking about but Dave and Gordon are still closely associated with the club. It's amazing to think that legends of my boyhood are drawing their pensions!

TD

1. Dave Hickson
2. Gordon West

Some of the other old boys are still knocking about but Dave and Gordon are still closely associated with the club. It's amazing to think that legends of my boyhood are drawing their pensions!

TD

Shame on me TD, I totally forgot about Mr Hickson, a great lad to have in your company, well spotted mate.;) He is still in and about GP to this day, a lovely guy and the only answer to this thread!;)

There is only one true follower to Labbys throne in my opinion. For services to Everton on and off the pitch has to be ........................................................................Colin Harvey...........................

One of the greatest unsung heroes of Everton Football Club. He has dedicated his whole life to the club in nearly every position known at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.