Votes: 147 53.3%
  • 7-10

Votes: 58 21.0%
  • Koff (bottom half)

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester without 3 of our best players.
What gives you the idea that Spurs and more so Chelsea are going to go on winning runs?
My main worry towards the end is that we still have to go to City/Chelsea/RS/Arsenal and OT, all places we struggled with in recent years.
Still got Leicester and City and Spurs to play at home as well. Top 4 is in our hands.

Every team in the current Top 8 can also say that Top 4 is in their own hands.

Every team in the current Top 8 can also say that Top 4 is in their own hands.
I get what your saying but as long as we keep picking up points while everyone around us drops points then there a very good chance of getting top 4, beating West Ham is vital for us now

....not forgetting we lost games when some of those players were in the team because we were conceding too many goals. Ancelotti has found a way to win without them, he needs to find the right formula with them.

Agreed. I think he has been looking for balance. We had it in the first four games but the 433 system only worked when every player was fit and in form. As soon as Richarlison dropped out we started to struggle, and problems emerged on the right with Doucoure having to cover and Gomes not really nailing down the third midfield spot. The 343 didn’t really work as intended although I can see why he went for it. I just don’t think we have good enough players to make it work as it should.

Now the 4231 formation definitely is balanced. Allan and Richarlison have already been playing it so can slot back in. There should be no reason James can’t swap in for Sigurdsson. The issue may be how to get Digne back in because that back 4 looks rock solid as it is but no doubt there’ll be injuries and suspensions. I’m a firm believer that full backs should stay behind the ball as well and only overlap when it is absolutely 100% on. Centrebacks playing at full back do this because they’re nervous to get forward but it means they’re not caught out. I often thought Coleman and Digne bombed forward too much when it wasn’t really on and both at the same time sometimes. No reason Digne can’t come into that back 4 but with instructions to keep it solid and only go forward when it’s on.

Agreed. I think he has been looking for balance. We had it in the first four games but the 433 system only worked when every player was fit and in form. As soon as Richarlison dropped out we started to struggle, and problems emerged on the right with Doucoure having to cover and Gomes not really nailing down the third midfield spot. The 343 didn’t really work as intended although I can see why he went for it. I just don’t think we have good enough players to make it work as it should.

Now the 4231 formation definitely is balanced. Allan and Richarlison have already been playing it so can slot back in. There should be no reason James can’t swap in for Sigurdsson. The issue may be how to get Digne back in because that back 4 looks rock solid as it is but no doubt there’ll be injuries and suspensions. I’m a firm believer that full backs should stay behind the ball as well and only overlap when it is absolutely 100% on. Centrebacks playing at full back do this because they’re nervous to get forward but it means they’re not caught out. I often thought Coleman and Digne bombed forward too much when it wasn’t really on and both at the same time sometimes. No reason Digne can’t come into that back 4 but with instructions to keep it solid and only go forward when it’s on.
With Richarlison and, especially, James back in the team, we will have plenty in attack. Digne offers additional attacking options, but Carlo needs to ask if what he brings to attack is needed given what he costs us in defence. We need to find a balance. I don't see much value in having Digne assist 2 or 3 goals for DCL while contributing to the loss of 3 or 4. Your suggestion to tell him to hold back is a good one if he can defend. But can he? His attributes appear to be in attack. He seems a pretty nondescript defender to me. In that sense, he's potentially the most disposable of our better players.

I’m sure loads will have a crap attack at the suggestion, but I think we should stick with the personnel that are winning games. And should be very weary of bringing in players that can’t run or tackle, or players that leave the defence weaker that what it is.

....I’m not so sure it’s about 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or whatever system, it’s more about the players. If Digne and Coleman start we are far more expansive and offer more threat in the top third but it means we’re more vulnerable at the back. I think we simply have to play Godfrey at CB to offer more cover.

As we stand now 6th to 8th is realistic...

If we are to finish any higher then 2/3 more players will be required in Jan transfer...

We are still lightweight in the goals department & DCL will need support...

Ya . It really affects results all right.
Another of the everton that bollocks people buy into
Maybe we're just crap, but it seems to me that almost every time somebody on here set's up one of these threads, which is usually after we've been on a mega run of 2 or 3 wins, then our form goes through the floor.

Nothing would please me more than to be proven wrong this time though. But based on history, it certainly isn't bollocks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.