Where are we going to finish then eh?

What is our final position going to be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
6th or 7th would be my bet.

We are 8 points off 4th place Liverpool
We are 5 points off 5th place Spurs
And we are 3 points ahead of United in 7th.

We do of course have that game in hand, which could make up some of that ground, however looking at our form and the form of the two above us you would have to say the form fancies them.

Last 5 games form

Liverpool - 11 points from a possible 15
Spurs - 10 points from a possible 15
Everton - 7 points from a possible 15
Man United - 5 points from a possible 15

The next few weeks could be crucial for us. Half expecting United to finish strongly too, as everyone else is I suppose.

For me Liverpool will come unstuck when they start playing teams lower down the league who won't attack and play such a high defensive line. At that point they'll be reliant on their plan b which seems to be getting soft free kicks around the penalty area or soft penalties. Teams who've attacked them like us, Spurs and arsenal have been punished on the break. West brom got punished like this too early on and then sat 15 yards deeper comfortably for the rest of their drawn match. So I can't see Liverpool losing too many but I can see them drawing winnable games.

Spurs have the alround consistency but may struggle when the Europa league kicks in from this weekend.

Man united should finish the strongest given their striking options but, no sour grapes here, they seem to play a way I recognise we did for the last few seasons - more defensive than Attacking minded and happy to defend a single goal lead which given their shaky defence isn't going to be enough every time.

Us? I just can't predict what we'll do except playing positive football and if we get some lucky breaks then why not, the way we play we're more likely to win than lose and our downside seems to be draws as we're short of strikers at the moment. Villa was a big win created by that kind of positive mental attitude. We could yet surprise ourselves?

Form is transitory, Liverpool will be faltering over the next few weeks and will finish 5th or 6th with Arsenal. Top 4 will be Chelsea, City, Spurs and Everton.

Anything could happen!!

Been waiting for Liverpool's drop in form all season and it's not really happened yet. The fact there building there optimism on the fact they have the big teams at home would make it soooo pleasurable if that's where it goes wrong for them!

We just need to ignore the table for now and take it game by game and see where that takes us.

Anything could happen!!

Been waiting for Liverpool's drop in form all season and it's not really happened yet. The fact there building there optimism on the fact they have the big teams at home would make it soooo pleasurable if that's where it goes wrong for them!

We just need to ignore the table for now and take it game by game and see where that takes us.

...and in an articulate nutshell, you have described EXACTLY how things must proceed

I'm dreaming of the cup and 5th which would be great considering the horror show of injuries we had! Just wanna see Phil lift that cup!!!!

We're guessing, really, but if things keep going as they are I think 6th.

If we can regain some of our early season form, which we could if Deulafeu, Mirallas and Lukaku, to name three fire up, and some of those above us strike trouble, we could do even better.

A lot of ifs there, I know. We're guessing, as I said.

it'll be either 5th or 6th.

lets just hope for no more injuries.

basically, if we win the FA Cup, we can finish 10th for all i care.

I think 6th is realistic.
The run in is tougher than people are predicting. 3 tough home games against Arsenal, City and Utd, with games against poor teams like Hull and S'land scrapping for survival.

4th is obviously still obtainable. I think the games in hand are going to be a big advantage if we are in a position to move up going into them. Knowing we can move level, close or above others is a huge advantage psychologically and if that's the case and we don't capitalise on it, then we don't deserve anything higher. Plus people start writing you off when you are 6 points off the chase, which we should hopefully get from Newc / CP.

I think 7th, I hope for higher but ffs we're Everton and this is how we roll. Build up the fans expectations and then grind their dreams into dust. But 7th and playing good footie is still better than 7th and playing s##te footie.

well i thank the lord we don't have a negative tit like you anywhere near our coaching setup.

no offence like.

No need for that fellow being realistic isn't necessarily being negative although even if it is negativity he doesn't deserve the abuse. For what it's worth I agree with his prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.