• 30's

• 40's

• 50's

• 60's

• NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is why I believe the manager is the most essential part to building a club...

Would Liverpool be what they are now without Klopp, it wasn`t always rosey when he came in but you could see incremental improvements, would Utd be what they were now without having Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsenal without Wenger. The lists go on, it isn`t simply the fact that these managers tipped up just as the club get it all right.

The same with Everton, yes recruitment has been poor but I think the squad is in the main good, you don`t beat the teams we have beaten this season if you have nothing about you, which is why I get so frustrated when we play like last Saturday and that must come from the manager....

The manager can literally be the difference to the money bags clubs, look at Moyes for years and we were considered best of the rest, Di Zerbi at Brighton, Frank at Brentford. A good manager with a good attacking philosophy can bridge several gaps that others throw money at....

Just a shame we seem to bring in the wrong guy, don`t get me wrong Dyche is going to do what he was brought in to do, but like Allardyce before him, if the football doesn`t get better or becomes more progressive he will be out the door the second all our trials and tribulations are over. I could get on board if it was obvious he was trying to move to a more attacking style of play especially at home because 11 men behind the ball at home is costing us points.

A good manager is pivotal to any clubs progression........
Can't agree. Dyche has an incredibly thin squad that is running on empty. Give him his points back and we are comfortable. He has had a budget of zero. The man has done an amazing job in a club that is hurtling towards bankrupty. If we became the richest club on the planet I would love to see what he could do with a few quid. Him and Thelwell are a great team. Pity we did not get them when funding was not a problem.

Let's be honest, it might not ever happen again
Let’s face it if the PL/Masters gets their way and we drop out of the PL you may well be right, as a consequence that will see the end of any short/medium term ambitions for the PL, FA Cup, or League Cup (not that we’ve ever won that anyway!).
It would however open up the possibility of the good old EFL trophy or a Divisional Champion Trophy, note I’m not saying which Division!
What a mess :rant: this club is in!

….if we’re still in the PL, Dyche wins Manager of the Season.
The only thing I want Everton to win in the next five months is our appeal(s), and enough games to stay in this league!
When we do actually stay up though there is no chance Dyche wins Manager of the Season, absolutely nailed on already that goes the other side of Stanley Park, irrespective of what they win!

Last edited:
Your right mate

Deffo more than half of them are Championship players aren't they.

Someone mentioned it before, how grim is it that most weeks our motm is either Pickford, Tarkowski, Branthwaite or Mykolenko and not for doing anything offensive, but for flying into tackles/blocks etc.
You don't think that when we play well I expect. Spurs away for instance, we lost but were excellent. Championship players I don't think so. But the squad is thin as hell and just one or two changes and we are out of balance. This boils down to the state of the club that is financially on its knees and can't afford enough PL standard players.

You don't think that when we play well I expect. Spurs away for instance, we lost but were excellent. Championship players I don't think so. But the squad is thin as hell and just one or two changes and we are out of balance. This boils down to the state of the club that is financially on its knees and can't afford enough PL standard players.

Of course I don't think that when we play well. 3 times this year I've seriously thought we'd probably qualify for Europe (horse punchers, Chelsea, spurs) because I get carried away.

I'm fickle, ignore me.

Though I'd like us to play better than just 3 times for sure.

Not in my lifetime...or what's left of it. I can, I suppose, be eternally grateful to having lived through periods of success but the following generations are having - currently - to live with the 'success' of avoiding relegation as a highlight that's how far we have dropped. Anyone nowadays born and bred a Blue should be cherished because they deserve so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.