"What's wrong with Everton?" [The Athletic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really don't think we should overreact to a win and a draw over 38 injury-ravaged games with a thin squad keeping us out of Europe.

What's wrong with us is that we thoroughly booted two transfer windows in three years and are short a half-dozen contributors as a consequence. Hence the thin squad full of ponies on a wage that don't play.

When the squad is thin, the players you do have tend to start getting overuse injuries. That and a shoestring budget for years probably tend to explain the club's injury history.

Move a few ponies out and get a few ballers in and the level of play should improve.

Shows you how clued up these journo's are when they have to bring in FIFA ratings at the start of a debate.

Athletic ? More like 'pathetic' if you ask me.

Everyone getting on the defence and ripping them, but it’s quite sad that people just instantly associate.

“winnable, home games against lower table sides, falling to a scrappy 1-0 defeat” and “Everton” in the same sentence, and it’s so bloody true.

Since I started watching us in ‘97, we always do it.

They also mentioned very ordinary players (I’m ignoring the FIFA reference and the lack of awareness that Godfrey is brilliant), lack of pace and overall lack of excitement watching Everton.
God, we’re depressing.

Switched off as soon as one of them brought up FIFA ratings.

”it’s like all their players are 81s on FIFA but they have no 87s”

Peak football analysis right there.
You’ll see loadssss of this in the next generation of punditry. It’s ingrained in a lot of peoples heads with them having played it since they were kids, including current players/future pundits

It's got to be us, the fans.

Endless failure and disappointment, yet we pack out Goodison and take thousands away.

We support and celebrate abject ineptitude.

all kno what is wrong have bought in the wrong players and have lost alot of leaders in the team who would fight for the shirt. Have improved this season but is vital we bring the right sort of players to the club this window

It's got to be us, the fans.

Endless failure and disappointment, yet we pack out Goodison and take thousands away.

We support and celebrate abject ineptitude.

But if we had poor attendances then everybody would cite that as the reason for poor form

Status
Not open for further replies.