What we as fans wanted. what we as fans have got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl J

Player Valuation: £500k
I read on here regulary but rarely post, (this may have been brought up before and need moving mods). Anyway before moshiri invested in us the feeling I got from most blues was that we wanted someone to come in and steady the ship, not do a chelsea or man city and just throw money here there and everywhere.In my opinion, we have got that now yet I still read about us not spending millions on players just for the sake of it. The opinion I got from most blues was that we would rather get to the top by building the club up proper not a quick fix like the two mentioned above.
Am I wrong in that or is it because we never had any money to spend before and everyone just wants it all now.

Agree, and I'm one of them who want a controlled build-up of the "business" side of the club, and I am still all for that, but the disaster which was last transfer summer and the fact we need a massive overhaul of the squad is what's causing some fans to want us to "Just buy someone". We need top quality players and we need depth.

Once we start spending money and bringing players in, hopefully, that side of things will calm down, but this transfer window is massive!

I read on here regulary but rarely post, (this may have been brought up before and need moving mods). Anyway before moshiri invested in us the feeling I got from most blues was that we wanted someone to come in and steady the ship, not do a chelsea or man city and just throw money here there and everywhere.In my opinion, we have got that now yet I still read about us not spending millions on players just for the sake of it. The opinion I got from most blues was that we would rather get to the top by building the club up proper not a quick fix like the two mentioned above.
Am I wrong in that or is it because we never had any money to spend before and everyone just wants it all now.
I think fan concern is that he has spent nothing on the squad. Not even the TV money. In fact he made a profit last Summer.
Few expected a Chelsea or Man City takeover, but the sooner fans stop comparing "what we had with BK", heck Evertonians did the " better BK than PJ" for a decade, the sooner people will realize that we deserve better.

Moshiri has this transfer window to prove himself.

Evertonians, grow some ambition. We deserve better.

they were all lying though @Carl J . That was when we were a little bit younger, a little bit poorer, and little bit calmer, and we were a little more boring and there was no hope.

this is what we want now:

Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Dance-move.gif

Agree. I'd prefer my club to earn success by a patient build up of power - like Spuds have done, rather than be the classless johnny come lately neauveau riche like chekski or citteh - who other fans just come to resent.

they were all lying though @Carl J . That was when we were a little bit younger, a little bit poorer, and little bit calmer, and we were a little more boring and there was no hope.

this is what we want now:

Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Dance-move.gif
I don't think Pedro will join us mate, probably stay at Chelsea because he wants champions league football.

I wouldn't have said no to a whopping takeover and smashing transfer fees all over the place. I want to see us win things and do it soon.

Winning and losing the soul of the club and becoming arrogant and out of touch aren't mutually exclusive.

That said, I am happy to have Moshiri here. If he delivers on the stadium he will have set us on the road to recovery and self sufficiency and that's a very good deal to me.

But he must also preside over investment in transfers and a clear improvement on our on field fortunes in the here and now.

Like it or not for him, expectations have been set for this summer and it will be pretty crushing if we flatter to deceive, yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.