How do you see our club

• Project

Votes: 58 86.6%
  • Instant success

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have fans who would die for the club.
We have players who wouldn't break sweat for the club.
We have owners/DoF throwing money about like they're beaked up in a brass house.
We have a terrible youth system
We have a terrible scouting system

Its broken

We are the 80 year old Miss Haversham, sitting in a rocking chair muttering about how she could have been married yanno.

Or

I could'a had class. I could'a been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum.

The kind of club where I develop coping mechanisms. Superstitious coping mechanisms.

For instance, earlier in the season I noticed if my missus watched the game with me we would lose or we would concede a goal whilst present. We would win when I got some me time.

Anyway, thst was clearly tosh when we lost to Villa. My missus kindly brought me a new Everton mug as a birthday gift (make your own jokes). My new explanation is that it is a bad luck omen. James went awol, we got proper spanked by City, and Madrid cuckolded us with Carlo.

Essentially it prevents me confronting the complexity of top level football, that our club has serious structural and managerial problems running deep. That our recruitment choices are sub-optimal. That many fans are so desperate for success they practically haemorrhage at a home loss and let that lot across the park get to them (just ignore). Which feeds the general frustration and seeming lack of impetus or capacity to challenge from the club.

I do this because it saves my sanity. Prevents me getting angry on the internet. Keeps my pants dry. Saves too many long boring posts like this very post.

Blame the merchandise. It is safer. In sum, Everton are a sanity testing club. Blame that new away kit you brought. It's defo cursed.

To be honest. Im not sure the owners know. We had had a branch at work that we couldn’t make successful despite have a blue print that worked esle where. We hired people they left, new people came in and the atmosphere was bad and they picked up on it and were never successful either. It a revolving.
Everton feels like this at minute. In the end we shut that branch down.
We need someone with the magic touch, to galvanise the whole club and stay long enough to turn the tide.

I know it’s unpopular, but Moyes would steady the ship. Make us play with some pride and then after a four year if he was dof we would have a legacy. The signing last season were exciting but James needs to be the icing on the cake not the core ingredient.
With a couple of midfielders and a right back I think we are competitive for 6th.
The bench though is barely premier league quality.

Personally I think we’ve concentrated too much on the prize and not enough on how to get there.
Football exists as a diversion, an entertainment and the best teams are generally the ones that play the most entertaining football although there are occasionally exceptions to this rule.
I would prefer we concentrated on developing a cohesive entertaining style of play at the club from the academy up.
If we could get this right then the rewards would follow.
Sadly this won’t happen as there is too much impatience from management and supporters , a constant demand for instant success rather than for quality football.
Fear of failure limits any undue risk taking.
We are not unique in this so we seem destined to spend our near future battling it out with the clubs around us throwing money at the first team , sacking and appointing endless managers hoping we by chance find the winning formula.
We are destined for endless disappointment, whilst watching low risk , unadventurous football along the way.

A club that changes it's manager far to often lately - even with now massive funds we are worse now than being on a low budget - p!us since the appointment of DOF- we have gone backwards ..........
This is caused a massive non playing budget on wages .......
The youth set up has stretched through players who may be better than we have purchased on higher wages - DCL being an exception.......

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.