What positives can we take from this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got a great squad and solid plans for the academy and Finch Farm.

Perversely, for such a disastrous couple of seasons, Martinez is going to leave us stronger than he found us.

His tenure could even be considered a success, purely on legacy grounds. Which is totally counter-intuitive, given our abject performances.

We've got a great squad and solid plans for the academy and Finch Farm.

Perversely, for such a disastrous couple of seasons, Martinez is going to leave us stronger than he found us.

His tenure could even be considered a success, purely on legacy grounds. Which is totally counter-intuitive, given our abject performances.

....it's an interesting point you make regarding Martinez leaving us in a stronger position than when he came. I'm not sure what our league position was when Moyes left but it might be argued we have a better group of players.

....it's an interesting point you make regarding Martinez leaving us in a stronger position than when he came. I'm not sure what our league position was when Moyes left but it might be argued we have a better group of players.
Performances are now way worse, but the potential of the players is much better. I also think that goes for the academy.

Hopefully the interview process for our next manager will be far more rigorous than the last.

ah, THAT's what the problem is. nobody thought to ask, "will the first year be brilliant and then next two dross?"

first question to next candidate: "we would like you to correctly divine the next three years, and then tell us - are they good or bad? no lying! - our new in-house necromancer will catch you out straight away"

The takeover and a promise to go into the future with new players, that's what I'm taking! We are not getting relegated, although our position in the league does not look good, we have done enough for this season at least. An F.A Cup win would be nice and a place in Europe for next year would also be fantastic!

Funes Mori, Galloway, Browning, and yesterday's appearances from Connolly and Davies have looked promising. I have a new found belief and respect for Joel. Barry has looked 10 times the player he was last season. It is nice having a 20 goals a season striker and was the stuff I dreamed about for the longest time. Not playing Deulofeu so much has made the Deulofeu buy back clause rumors dry up. Lennon showed us why he was a decent investment for 5 million. OH AND WE GOT BOUGHT BY A BILLIONAIRE!

I know we're still in the cup so a season review might be a bit hasty, but given the gloom around at the moment I thought it might serve us well to look for some of the positives to take from what has been a really poor season.

For me, Moshiri is the obvious one, and hopefully he will be a real game changer for us. Lukaku would be a huge positive if I was confident of him sticking around, so maybe the young lads coming through and getting a bit more exposure (Galloway et al).

What can we take from this season?
Certainly the two young lads looked more lively than some seniors members yesterday. Nice to see them get a go, and do well in front of a less than happy crowd.

Lukaku goals, Barkley , Mori but the one i like is Howard finally dropped long term and Joel looking a decent keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.