What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Acelisc008

How do we get out of this awful mess lads? I actually hate watching us, our fan base is split again and we’re staring down the barrel of mediocrity.

Do we sack the manager? And if we do who comes in next?

Our squad is filled with players who just aren’t good enough, we can’t even sell them. Because of this Moshiri won’t sanction any more deals. Sandro is on 120k, Schneiderlin is on similar. Mirallas, Bolasie to name a few. How are we gonna shift these deadweights?

What is the solution to all this?

For me, we need to get a manager in who gets us and gets what we’re about. I can’t see any decent candidates who could do this at the moment?
We need to bin off 3/4 of the squad because they are bottlers and they’re rinsing the club.

For the rest of the season I want to see us play 4-3-3. I want to see Siggy and Walcott benched or dropped. I want to see Mina get a run in the side a long side Zouma. I want to see Lookman starting from the left and Bernard in the side too. Maybe as part of a midfield 3 like Silva is used at city. He is busy enough and has the quality. I want to see us go man to man on set pieces and finally I want to see us beat Liverpool at home.

tenor.gif

It's easy how we solve this:

• The owner continues to acknowledge he's the root cause of this mess and keeps his beak out of the football side of the club
  • The DoF comes out front and centre and puts down any nascent rebellion on the terraces regarding another quick managerial change
  • The manager gets backed in the summer with cash to buy key players up front and out wide and another GK
If collective discipline prevails like that then we're going to be a lot more formidable next season. I cant stress enough how pivotal this juncture is: if the hierarchy bend the knee to another fan stampede to get shut of a manager then we are spiralling out of control toward Geordie dimensions oblivion.

Only one way imo and that is to start again only with a full reset like it should have been in the first place and that means get rid of all the management team, all the coaching staff i.e everyone who has been involved in the mediocrity of this club the past 5 years. Moshiri needs to stay the hell out of the football decision making side of the club, ditto Kenwright. Brands seems to be the only competent professional and he needs to be given total control to start afresh with the Management appointments, coaching staff, players, everything.

We cannot expect to blossom if we are not getting rid of all of the roots.

It's easy how we solve this:

• The owner continues to acknowledge he's the root cause of this mess and keeps his beak out of the football side of the club
  • The DoF comes out front and centre and puts down any nascent rebellion on the terraces regarding another quick managerial change
  • The manager gets backed in the summer with cash to buy key players up front and out wide and another GK
If collective discipline prevails like that then we're going to be a lot more formidable next season. I cant stress enough how pivotal this juncture is: if the hierarchy bend the knee to another fan stampede to get shut of a manager then we are spiralling out of control toward Geordie dimensions oblivion.
I’m torn on this one. I genuinely want silva to turn it round (like I want any Everton manager to be successful) I’m just not sure this man has the credentials to turn it around, as his record at other clubs suggests he can’t.

Said in the Silva thread,Moshiri had the chance to clean the whole club up when he first arrived,the likes of Elstone should have been wellied down the road straight away,he should have got rid of the jobs for the boys mentality and the we are one big family outlook

Even though he deserves to be sacked where in to much of a mess to do that and give someone else we need to just stick with him and hope they get a couple more wins ( no idea where from ) then we need a bit decision in the summer whether to sack him and try for a big name or back him

Said in the Silva thread,Moshiri had the chance to clean the whole club up when he first arrived,the likes of Elstone should have been wellied down the road straight away,he should have got rid of the jobs for the boys mentality and the we are one big family outlook

Agreed. He should have done due diligence and got rid of the old guard. I’d have made Kenwright a ‘mascot’ but he would have no say in the running of the club. Moshiri hasn’t a clue really blatantly shown by the fact he keeps communicating through Jim White instead of the club. Brands has to run it from now on and Moshiri just provides financial backing.

I’m torn on this one. I genuinely want silva to turn it round (like I want any Everton manager to be successful) I’m just not sure this man has the credentials to turn it around, as his record at other clubs suggests he can’t.
I'm not sure either. But supporting him has to be a better way of ensuring we maximise that he does turn it around.

There's been too much churn in the dugout. It needs to end. Brands needs to stay focussed and dominate this situation. No more hiring and firing until at least next autumn earliest.

Give this new managerial regime a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.