what do we lack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that to an extent andy but EFC have got 3 world class CB's in Jags, Yobo and Lescott and you can't play 'em all but i couldn't bring myself to leave any of 'em out. If one gets injured, god forbid, there won't be a problem but if we persist with Lescott at LB then Baines won't want to bench warm for another season

just a thought but we could play three at the back!

and play peinaar and "new signing" as wing backs!!

and arteta,manny,cahill/arshavin in the middle!

and aj/cahill,the yak up top!

just a thought mind!

well who can play where imo?

blue = learning there trade
red = cant be relied on

gk...howard turner ruddy jags.....4
rb...neville hibbert jags yobo gosling......5
cb..jags yobo lescott rodwell .....4
lb...neville lescott valente baines irving.....5
rw..osman pienaar arteta vdm.....4
cm.cahill arteta osman pienaar neville jags rodwell gosling kissock.9
dm neville jags.....2
am cahill kissock osman vdm.....4
lm pienaar arteta osman vdm....4
st aj yak vic vaughan jutkiewicz.....5

looking at that id say we need..
first ... a first string dm
second ... a second string gk
third....
a first string rw/lw
fourth... a second string cd

the question is do we buy squad players or better than we have ?
buying better quality than we have could mean unsettlling neville howard osman and jags.
but then again rather than lowering team spirit and moral those are four players who understand the concept of fighting for places.the competition could/will vastly mproove our level of form.

after those 4 buys , and if theres any money left , its all about changing/replacing ageing or underperforming players , which there isnt many. i think most would fairly/unfairly say vdm jutkiewicz irving hibbert valente neville and aj would be candidates for any out-goings in the next year or so by choice.

Last edited:

I think he is like pienaar, and pienaar is better, but we only have room for one small 'weak' player in the midfield, so is say put osman on the bench. he can come on once in a while...but he shouldnt start, not if we want to improve...but thats just my opinion, its mostly always wrong though :)

I'd have to agree with Dom. Osman is an excellent player and will always be useful to us but I would like to see him as more of a squad player next season. Someone who comes in when there's injuries, plays in the cup games and makes and impact from the bench. He'd still get getting 20 odd games under his belt whether he was a squad player or not.

Osman's versatility, workrate and quality means he'll always be useful to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.