West Ham vs Everton - 8 Nov 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just checking my Telegraph Fantasy Football teams as I had Louis Saha in both sides and was rubbing my hands at the points I earned yesterday. Imagine my disappointment when I noticed he wasn't there and I remembered I took him out before the Fulham game :(

Still, better no points for me and six points for us ;)

I was just checking my Telegraph Fantasy Football teams as I had Louis Saha in both sides and was rubbing my hands at the points I earned yesterday. Imagine my disappointment when I noticed he wasn't there and I remembered I took him out before the Fulham game :(

Still, better no points for me and six points for us ;)

FFS Pete, keep him out your side mate! :p

Anyone know where i can get some decent pics of the game. Preferably the scoreboard at full time or us celebrating with thme looking pissed off in the background? Anything to wind up the big mouthed West Ham idiot i work with.

View from the Palace end. (I went to the game yesterday, sat in the upper tier of their main stand, to the right of the Everton fans.)

1. Desperate first 80 minutes, perhaps the worst live Everton performance I have ever seen. (and that includes the 0-4 WBA away game in 2005.)

2. Their goal, whilst well executed,was a direct result of throwing too many up front for a set peice that was easily cleared. It occured after that complete waste of space Boa Morte was subbed for Etherington who had pace that Everton could not cope with at all, and linked up with West hams only consistently good player of the afternoon, Freddie Sears.

3. Big credit to Everton for not collapsing completely in the 5 minutes after their goal. You were completely overrun, and a better team than West Ham may well have got another in that period. (A word on West Ham, during the first eighty minutes, from a quality point of view, they were hardly better than you.)
It was around this time they were passing the ball around in mid field, keeping possesion away from Everton, that their fans started giving it the big one, with a half hearted chorus of, "hooray, hooray" etc everytime a pass found a West Ham player.
It was this that made me realise that you could still nick at least a point. They were managing possession, but almost entirely in their own half, and they were not brimming with confidence.

4. Last ten minutes. Bloody fantastic. Vaughn coming on, running at defenders had started to make a difference. The space and time Lescott had for his header was unbelieveable.

5. Cue the first West Ham "supporters" starting to leave.
6. Saha scores, cue bedlam! West Ham "supporters" turn on their own team.
7. Saha scores again. Remaining West Ham "fans" around me leave in disgust.

Few Everton players emerge from having had a good game. Saha never stopped working, Howard was a giant. Neville took dogs abuse but was a source of inspiration. I have read what Moyes said about Arteta and Cahill. Prior to hearing that I thought both had never been so ineffective, but fair play, they kept going. Yobo was his usual solid self.
Finally, ENORMOUS credit to the travelling blues, who were all, without doubt, MOM. Never stopped getting behind the team, always making a row and were joyfully mental when Lescott equalised. I leave you to picture the scene at Sahas goals.

Big up the West Ham public address system that gave both the half time and full time Palace scores.;) (never happens at Goodison :eek: )

ps. although I pretentiously refer to "quality" or rather the lack of it, what was on view, as I have described it, had considerably more quality than I see following my own lot, which this season means, in The Championship at least, a long ball slug fest.

Last edited:
Good post Alan ;)

I always look out for the Crystal Palace score, since signing AJ and speaking to a Palace fans, they were the soundest I have ever come across. All good lads. Big result for you Yesterday.

True! I've met 2 Palace fans here in Sweden (English of course) and decent fans both of them. Open to a real discussion about football and good luck and all that instead of the ordinary bollocks you'd get from others.

I went to prague with 3 kopites, a manc and a fellow blue.

We found an english pub which had every game on. So supping our jugs of Staropramen lager, we settle down to watch a thoroughly entertaining Arsenal victory over Man Utd, the end to end football was top quality. The pub was full of cockney manc fans, and the banter we had with our manc mate was enjoyable.

2 of my kopite mates and the manc decided to go and get pissed in some local pubs instead of watching the West Ham game, which I thought was just typical of that species.

So there was me and my fellow blue mate and a red, who to be fair, isn't full of [Poor language removed] and quite realistic about their ambitions, a good lad.

[Poor language removed] game, we were all more interested in eyein up the local girls serving us our ale. Half time we spoke about the consistent pattern of our recent games and how we have one decent half, one [Poor language removed] one. We were let down, we didnt play very well at all, and going 1-0 down really put a downer on our day. From my very distorted vision, I thought we began to get a bit of a hold on the game around the 75 minute mark, a couple of corners, lescotts knock down trickles wide, we had to make this pressure count, and a lovely ball from louis, lescott, 1-1.

Cue mayhem

Me an me mate were the only blues in there, and we both jumped up, plowed into the table, 3 pints of ale up in the air, we got completely drowned when it finally came back down. 3 minutes later, after ordering 3 more beers, the shot from louis seems to take forever to find the corner of the net. When it did, louis, 1-2

Cue further mayhem,

We both jumped up, 3 brand new pints, flew up into the air, got soaked again but we didnt care. By this time, all the other brits who were watching Portsmouth or the Rugby were beginning to think we were two slightly demented people, the locals were absolutely shitting themselves.

Our redshite fan went the bar to get the ale in lol whilst we watched, expecting the substitutions to completely kill the game. Our redshite mate brings the ale to the table, we take a sup, before we know it, louis turns, tee's himself up, rifles it past Green, saha, 1-3

Cue total and utter bedlam, we both looked at each other, jumped up, pints in hand, we simultaneously poured them over each other, and past caring about what image we were portraying, broke out into song, bouncing up and down covered head to toe in ale, the fit bar maid comes over with the bill, we get her involved with the celebrations which she didnt seem too pleased with. So we hand over a few soggy notes and leave.

Needless to say we went out and got completely wankered to celebrate. Great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.