• Djibril Sidibe

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Oumar Niasse

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fair result. Obviously a little disappointed but look at who was unavailable.

Holgate looks better almost every week; Delph was able to turn and go forward a few time (shock), DCL got his goal and I like that he's getting annoyed at the service from Walcott (demanding better). I think Carlo would be satisfied with the result; I think we were generally in control apart from set pieces.

I do think we didn't mix it up enough in the first half; playing out from the back every time put us under unnecessary pressure.

Carlo’s game management the biggest reason we come home from London with a point. Thought Holgate held us sound. Was impressed with Sidibe after coming on. Thought Bernard had great touch first half, I was puzzled when he came off, hope he’s not injured. Thought it was a good first run for Gordon. Think he got a good taste of the pace and physicality. Would have rather had him on WITH Bernard, however putting Sidibe at RM was the right call.

Calvert-Lewin and Kean played mildly sloppy, and just weren’t communicating well. Neither were appalling, but neither of them dominated.

Thought Delph had a very bipolar game, think he played flustered the first half making several pointless mistakes. He responded well in the 2nd half though and I thought he was mostly solid.

I think our biggest struggle today was just touch, of all things. So many bad touches that ruined decent build up play. Bernard, Sidibe and even Gordon handled the ball well, but Davies, Kean, Niasse and Walcott fumbled around and wasted so much time just getting the call under control.

Satisfied to get a point I guess, hope Richarlison and Iwobi returning Tuesday will bring spark.

Well in, Blues!
Bernard not injured tactical substitute. Gordon

Everton goalscorer Dominic Calvert-Lewin speaking to Sky Sports: "I thought today we under-performed. It was disappointing not to play to our strengths. We got ourselves back into the game but should have gone on from there and won it. I am happy to get on the scoresheet and get the point but I thought we could have performed better."

On Carlo Ancelotti: "I think it‘s been a good experience and I am learning from him everyday. I think you can see that in my performances."

On Anthony Gordon: "He has been excellent in training, he gets on the ball, he is settling and being exciting. He has a great career ahead of him and he has the skills to be a very good player for the club."

Everton captain Seamus Coleman speaking to Sky Sports: It was a tough game. We came here looking for three points but I don’t think we played good enough. Thankfully we equalised quite quickly. We did not play well but at least we go the point. We would like to stay with our men a bit better when marking and do better on set pieces but thankfully we also scored from a set-piece.

--------

West Ham goalkeeper Darren Randolph: "Lots of positives to build on. We were very solid and we limited their chances. We created a lot of chances in the first half. We are disappointed not to get the win."

On coming back to West Ham: "I am very happy. I got a great reaction form the fans which was really nice. I was hoping to come back to a win but we have lots of positives and lots to build on. We now need to recover from today and go one game at a time."

On David Moyes: "I have only been here two days but I am looking forward to working with David Moyes. Everyone speaks very highly of him."

Always a little disappointing not to see off West Ham but it was a decent point. Under Silva we might well have crumbled. The other results went well for us and we're looking well positioned for the a late season push.

Game of two defenses. Holgate was the best player on the pitch.
Pickford saved us a couple of times, but he also put us in trouble a couple of times too!
Midfield was useless, and so our strikers were starved and our defense was exposed.
Kean and DCL not really partnering up front.
But for the corner that produced a goal, our crosses were ineffective and easily dealt with.
To sum it up..... the team that played today was crap!
Pluses:
1:Good to see the young lad Gordon get a debut.
2:We did not lose!

Agreed with everything Carlo did today. And bearing in mind how poor EFC were in possession a point
is fine by me.

Last week's praise of Bernard was overdone: he's weak and a squad player at best. Walcott has pace but no drive
or real talent. Delph is looking like another duff buy. Kean is a long-term project and looks expensive. Tom is a squad player.
Niasse obviously does not attend traning.
Positives were the goalie, Mina, Mason, Sidibe and DCL ( for the goal).
[/QUOTE/

Thought Delph was good in the second half. Looked like he got a roasting from Duncan in the halftime break and started playing better after the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.