Well Done Lads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenada_blue

Welcome to Barcelonaton FC
Long slog of a season with turmoil on (Moyes' tactics, some shocking displays and terrible football, losing 3 times to the RS, bottling a semi-final etc) and off (koff Blue Bill and the rest of the shower, Blue Union causing all kinds of undie twisting and crying) the pitch.

1 Man City - 89
2 Man Utd - 89
3 Arsenal - 70
4 Tottenham - 69
5 Newcastle - 65
6 Chelsea - 64
7 Everton - 56
8 Liverpool - 52
9 Fulham - 52
10 West Brom - 47

Bottom line is...we still have that glamorous title of "best of the rest" which in this day of age when half a billion quid buys you the title, anything less than that gets you nish or a Cup, is pretty outstanding work from the blue men...and we finished above the RS.

All the teams above and below have outspent us by a country mile (minus Arsenal to a point) yet we're still in the mix at the end of the season with a semi final in there as well.

Its been emotional but we pulled through it together fellow GOT'ers. Well done.

Johnny-Heitinga.jpg

Next season is gonna be horrific. lol

I never say this but if we keep the players we've got then we'll do sound next season. Just you watch.

VAULT ME.

This. IF. If I hadn't a strong feeling we might not keep all of our top lids I'd be bouncing off the walls now saying we'll challenge the top 4 next year.

Either way, we'll be OK in the end.

I hope you are right Chico and if we can keep hold of most then i think we will be.

I'm just awaiting the massive transfer out though, which will be a wrench whoever may go. As long as we can use the money to make the squad better then who knows.

*This is my kind of thread...pulls up chair*

Think we all said we'd end up 7th or 8th.

Doesnt change any ones opinion IMO over Moyes, some of the games we've played, tactics, the surrendering to the RS, how Blue Bill is strangling the club etc.

But personally, at the end of the day, its been tough and I have to say well done.

That's not settling for 7th. Not by a long shot. That's just giving some props to the players over such a hard season.

Doesnt change any ones opinion IMO over Moyes, some of the games we've played, tactics, the surrendering to the RS, how Blue Bill is strangling the club etc.

But personally, at the end of the day, its been tough and I have to say well done.

That's not settling for 7th. Not by a long shot. That's just giving some props to the players over such a hard season.

Good stuff, not sure if you were being serious or not. I had us down for 9th at the start so reasonably happy. Must start next season better though and should do if we get our business done early in the window.

I'd give them fcuk all credit, because they deserve fcuk all. Another no show before Christmas; threw away a winning position in the SF; beaten in the other two Derbies. As for the players 'hard season': they had no EL to juggle. I'm struggling to understand where their toil comes into it to be honest...unless you mean straining themselves counting their unearned kings ransom in wages and hauling it down to the bank every month.

The way we've finished, starting next season with Fellaini, Baines, Pienaar and most importantly of all, Jelavic, means that we'll be a very good side, who could potentially challenge for fourth spot next season. Our performances have been outstanding from the 31st of January onwards, bar two games against Liverpool. onwards Everton.

I'd give them fcuk all credit, because they deserve fcuk all. Another no show before Christmas; threw away a winning position in the SF; beaten in the other two Derbies. As for the players 'hard season': they had no EL to juggle. I'm struggling to understand where their toil comes into it to be honest...unless you mean straining themselves counting their unearned kings ransom in wages and hauling it down to the bank every month.

It gets paid straight in the bank lad

Status
Not open for further replies.