"We were magnificent off the ball."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stat but i bet a lot of those shots were from distance. We haven't had many clear cut chances. We do seem quite easy to defend against, when our opposition have got all their men behind the ball we struggle to break them down.

Interestingly mostly in the area

WBA
0pTRZ.png

Norwich
0pLKV.png

I'd rather be tremendous in and around box tbf Roberto

Thats not going to be easy when the manager will only let one player at a time be inside the box?

So we won the shots match? whoppeeeeee !!! 42 shots and 2 goals? Dont give a **** if we are playing a new style or not, but thats horrible. Shooting doesnt change just cause the manager has. We would have had a better chance of beating WBA at home, if the manager decided to let a few men get inside the box, but he left it until 80 minutes before having a go. We hit the post and bar in the final 10 cause we put pressure on them, for 80 minutes we passed it and had shots from range which we generally straight at the keeper or saved quite easily.

I think its a manager trying to encourage a team to play his system and persevere with the style even on days like today. Think players movement off the ball was one of the things that needs sharpening up tbh, but hopefully that will come. We do need an authoritative midfield presence, though. I think Gibson might speed us up a bit when he returns.

For one game. Then he'll get injured.

hardly expect him to come out and say 'were 5hite, god knows how i got this job, were defo gonna get relegated!'

As someone has already said, hes clearly talking about what he asks the players to do that as fans we wouldnt necessarily pick up on.

2 games in FFS and people are talking absolute pony. Seen some stats on twitter at the weekend straight after the game with lads defending RM. We got beat by Norwich away last season under Moyes, we got beat by WBA in 2011/12 4-1 at home, QPR beat us 1-0 etc etc.

Its a disgrace that after 2 games evertonians are trying to defend the manager to some sections of our own fans. Its kopite behaviour.

Its going to take time, it might take another 2 games, its probably gonna take half a season. But do we really wanna go from a club with an enviable amount of stability to one that just churns through managers every 18 months? [Poor language removed] that right off.

For me this slow patient build up is good to see. Hes getting players that arent used to this comfortable with playing this way. You can see Jags and Distin itcing to hoof the thing as soon as they get it, then they think and then they pass. The few times Jags tried a 60 yard diagonal ball against WBA he gave it away every single time. Pi55 poor.

Anyone who thought we were gonna go from a Moyes team to barcelona in a pre season is a cretin. But i genuinely beleive that once the players get more used to this style, it will become more natural, it will become more instinctive and the pace will increase. Then the nice flowing attacking football will come, i have total faith in RM and his philosophy.

hardly expect him to come out and say 'were 5hite, god knows how i got this job, were defo gonna get relegated!'

As someone has already said, hes clearly talking about what he asks the players to do that as fans we wouldnt necessarily pick up on.

2 games in FFS and people are talking absolute pony. Seen some stats on twitter at the weekend straight after the game with lads defending RM. We got beat by Norwich away last season under Moyes, we got beat by WBA in 2011/12 4-1 at home, QPR beat us 1-0 etc etc.

Its a disgrace that after 2 games evertonians are trying to defend the manager to some sections of our own fans. Its kopite behaviour.

Its going to take time, it might take another 2 games, its probably gonna take half a season. But do we really wanna go from a club with an enviable amount of stability to one that just churns through managers every 18 months? [Poor language removed] that right off.

For me this slow patient build up is good to see. Hes getting players that arent used to this comfortable with playing this way. You can see Jags and Distin itcing to hoof the thing as soon as they get it, then they think and then they pass. The few times Jags tried a 60 yard diagonal ball against WBA he gave it away every single time. Pi55 poor.

Anyone who thought we were gonna go from a Moyes team to barcelona in a pre season is a cretin. But i genuinely beleive that once the players get more used to this style, it will become more natural, it will become more instinctive and the pace will increase. Then the nice flowing attacking football will come, i have total faith in RM and his philosophy.

tumblr_m2wfjlK1Tf1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

You're on fire today Andy. Spot on!

Nearly sure the best chance of the game came from one. It went to Fellaini who chested it down and hit the post with his shot.

I think we're a bit scared of Martinez sounding like Rodgers purely because he's the RS manager.

The fact is that they're quite similar in style so there will be inevitable comparisons.

I'm just glad we've got a positive manager in now. I'd rather someone was "over positive" than negativity all the time.

I think we're a bit scared of Martinez sounding like Rodgers purely because he's the RS manager.

The fact is that they're quite similar in style so there will be inevitable comparisons.

I'm just glad we've got a positive manager in now. I'd rather someone was "over positive" than negativity all the time.

Yep, to be fair to Martinez I can see where he coming from, when we didn't have the ball, we quickly closed them down and got the ball back quickly. We were just to slow in attack for my liking

Back of the net, Andy......;)

Yep, to be fair to Martinez I can see where he coming from, when we didn't have the ball, we quickly closed them down and got the ball back quickly. We were just to slow in attack for my liking

We looked better organised than we did against Norwich I thought. Nathan Redmond got me worried a few times but then I don't think WBA had a midfielder similar so maybe it was just the opposition.

We were slow in attack though, but that'll speed up in time I'm sure.

We looked better organised than we did against Norwich I thought. Nathan Redmond got me worried a few times but then I don't think WBA had a midfielder similar so maybe it was just the opposition.

We were slow in attack though, but that'll speed up in time I'm sure.

We need two more players with quick thinking brains and to be aware who to pass to before even receiving their pass. Our midfielders are to slow right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.