We really could play in europe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTblue

Player Valuation: £30m
Just been looking at ours and Newcastle's remaining league fixtures:

Us Newcastle

Man U.(a) Stoke(h)
Fulham (h) Wigan(a)
Stoke(a) Chelsea(a)
Wolves(a) Man City(h)
Newcastle(h) Everton(a)

Now if Stoke can do us a favour on Saturday, keeping the gap at 12 points, I could see us winning all four and Newcastle potentially losing all four of their last fixtures. It's all hanging by a tiny thread but right now we really need to concentrate on the league and not just feel sorry for ourselves, recapturing our pre semi-final form could see us finish top 6. Obviously Newcastle will beat Stoke and we will get ****ted by united ending any hopes straight away, but who knows, if we get through this weekend with the 12 point gap still intact I know which fixture list i'd want if i was making up such a gap. Last say play-off for sixth maybe? very unlikely but worth discussion nontheless.

in that case we should be looking at 4th seeing as they are on the same points as spurs!
that's even less likely as they have a decent fixture run and don't play us last game of the season. but what an awesome swing that would be. if we got top four the rs can celebrate the fa cup all they like we'd be laughing.

lads, I've been having a bad day, you do some strange things when it's a long day in your office.

that's even less likely as they have a decent fixture run and don't play us last game of the season. but what an awesome swing that would be. if we got top four the rs can celebrate the fa cup all they like we'd be laughing.

nah, we'll def finish 4th mate

12 points ahead with only 15 to play for. And one of our games is a nailed on defeat. Unfortunately, there is no way we'll even get to within 3 or 4 points of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.