We made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
how low weve sunk!!!! to see 40 pts as a achivement is piss poor
That's being an Evertonian is these days I go and get pissed every year to celebrate another in the Prem.Not a big Moyes fan but he knows how to set a team up to do it year on year.What more can we ask........a cup win?

I noticed ToffeeWeb have an article with the headline "Moyes still moaning about fixtures".. seems Evertonians are still moaning about Moyes, too. I'm not his biggest fan, especially with some current decisions. However:

Yes "we've made 40 points", but we could still actually make an FA Cup Final and win it. Also considering our run-in, we could easily win 7 of the 8 remaining games (Old Trafford being the most obvious contender for a loss out of the run-in). But I'd say, in a reasonable sense, we may win 6 of the last 8. That would leave us on 58 points (But I say we will definitely finish somewhere between 55 and 61 points). On that, a respectable end to the season would be:

An FA Cup Final, and,
A 6th or 7th placed finish.

For Moyes, that would be a successful season and would mean Europe in 12/13 (Depending on the FA Cup winner, which could still be us!). Personally, I wouldn't complain with that either when you take into account the money at hand to the top 5 or 6 clubs ahead of us.

If we somehow spawn an FA Cup and finish 7th we are the luckiest team on earth. We've been dreadful this season.

The win against Chelsea was a definite highlight where we completely out played them.

The biggest reason we havent been great is missing the creativity from midfield that Arteta and Pienaar gave us.

I think its a must we sign Pienaar and knowing Moyes normally has a deal in place for permanently signing loaners- I'm pretty confident we will.

Add in a showy central midfielder to compliment Fellaini and I think we'll see goals come.

The wins vs Chelsea and Citeh we're good.
When we've played nice looking football at times.
Anichebes goal vs West Brom was my favourite point of the whole season,We went absolutely mental and we was ****ing buzzing !

If we somehow spawn an FA Cup and finish 7th we are the luckiest team on earth. We've been dreadful this season.

I wouldn't say we were the most enterprising team this year. I don't hold out any hope for next season either, especially if we don't retain Drenthe, and Pienaar goes back to stay at Spurs.

The last few seasons have begun with positive Evertonians being let down by December. Maybe next year we will begin by being realistically negative and impressed by December.

Status
Not open for further replies.