We are going to look fabulous today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because we're boss and the rest are not.

We had this discussion out the other say and it was locked due to two people posting odd and abusive views on homosexuality and religion. They were banned immediately and the thread closed.

The vast majority of you don't need to be told this, but if anyone is thinking of going down that road please consider what happened there.

Last edited:
he ain't a homophobe.

loves a bit of cock does the welshy.

only gay in his village

This is Kurt?!?!?!

littlebritain1504_228x265.jpg

FABULOUS SCENES

According to the mail we are the only one of 20 teams in prem to back Paddy Power initiative to wear rainbow laces. Wonder why we are the only club in the entire premier league to say yes?

You'll all be sorry in january when elstone's on the back of the echo telling the world we spent our transfer money on laces.

We needed new laces and couldn't afford them so took the rather fetching rainbow ones buckshee?

Or we have some rampant Homs waiting to come out. The Tim Howard Allah look concerns me tbh.

It's not Howard's beard that concerns me, it's Howard in goal.

It's all to do with sponsorship and which betting sites are linked with what club, sadly.

I'd like to think the club would have supported this regardless, because we are usually good at this sort of thing. But the reason other clubs aren't (some even going to the point of insisting their players boycott) and we are isn't to do with homophobia, it's fear of taking a hit to the bank balance.

Basically this, and honestly I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Paddy Power's general approach to TV advertising is to skirt very close to the line, wait for the inevitable raft of complaints, and court more press from the subsequent ban than they'd ever have got from the advert itself. Wouldn't trust PP as far as Phil Neville could throw them.

Mixed feelings about Everton being all over it. Obviously it's consistent with the class we show on anything like this, and it makes sense that Alan Myers' (terrifyingly good) new comms regime would get straight in on it. On the other hand, it's about as clueless an anti-homophobia campaign as you'll ever see - PP's track record is worse than dire, and Stonewall are not the sharpest tool in the political shed by a long shot.

Wrote something about why working with Paddy Power is a bad idea on this, and will do more harm than good in some senses. Bit nervy about coming out on GOT as a) a lesbian and b) a transsexual woman, but there you go. Just another perspective.

So long as our lads stick to rainbow laces and don't run out in jarg technicolour boots, I'm probably not arsed either way.

Last edited:
Basically this, and honestly I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Paddy Power's general approach to TV advertising is to skirt very close to the line, wait for the inevitable raft of complaints, and court more press from the subsequent ban than they'd ever have got from the advert itself. Wouldn't trust PP as far as Phil Neville could throw them.

Mixed feelings about Everton being all over it. Obviously it's consistent with the class we show on anything like this, and it makes sense that Alan Myers' (terrifyingly good) new comms regime would get straight in on it. On the other hand, it's about as clueless an anti-homophobia campaign as you'll ever see - PP's track record is worse than dire, and Stonewall are not the sharpest tool in the political shed by a long shot.

Wrote something about why working with Paddy Power is a bad idea on this will do more harm than good in some senses. Bit nervy about coming out on GOT as a) a lesbian and b) a transsexual woman, but there you go. Just another perspective.

So long as our lads stick to rainbow laces and don't run out in jarg technicolour boots, I'm probably not arsed either way.

I agree to be honest. Whilst the sentiment is likely to be there from a lot of the players, stonewall have gone about this the completely wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.