Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if there will ever be a right time for something. In my experience in life if you wait things out and hope for better, sometimes better does not arrive. The stars might align here and could be perfect time for him.

If he kept Derby up maybe Ralf at United would want him to takeover at the end of the season. Small chance but who knows what he wants their football strategy to be.
Trouble is if he does well here and Rangnick wants him next season he’s gone and we’re back to square one,

I take it that you have not been watching Everton for long. Rooney was the best teenage player I have seen at the club, by the way, I watched the teenage Harvey, Royle, Husband etc. they were all good teenagers, especially Royle, but, they weren't in the same league as young Rooney.
I’m talking about Rooney’s last stint obviously.

I would definitely give him a chance. I've been saying for a long time that we need a Moyes v2.0. We need a young, hungry manager that can come and prove himself.
Any managerial appointment is a gamble. We've gone for experience in the past and it hasn't paid off. Rooney loves Everton so he'd put his heart and soul in to it. He could have the same kind of effect that Dunc had but potentially long term.
It'll be a rocky road because the club is broken but give him 2 or 3 years and a free reign to change the squad and he could do good things.

It's a yes from me.

Yes.

Given the choice between the two I'd have Lampard, but I don't think Rooney would be the worst shout personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.