• Sad songs

Votes: 33 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez should be associated with West Sham "I'm forever blowing bubbles"
Get rid NOW
This season has been so painful.
It pains me to say this,but I'm strongly thinking of giving up on football, such is this mans demolition of our club. [Poor language removed] off big time.

when i wake up in the morning he better be gone, gone i tell you, god dammitt. he is making me hate football!!!!

kudos to the banner guys, loved the baines one.

Bit like Old Trafford last weekend, it was all a bit meh.

In isolation, a draw at Watford, in a meaningless end of season game coming up to an important cup game, is neither here nor there. As part of a larger picture though, it speaks volumes.

Not sure it is end of season, the first of 9 or 10 (hopefully) games left this season. Not sure we learnt anything new today in any department, on or off the pitch. Two average teams played out a barely average match. Usual frustration, the goal we conceded was completely and utterly self-inflicted, wherever in the three poor aspects of it you wish to lay the blame. Some of our passing was incredibly sloppy today, so many unforced errors.

Coleman did okay today I think, looked lively and wanted things to happen. His crosses were bad like usual though.

Overall it was another one of those meh-games, can't be too arsed anymore.

Not sure it is end of season, the first of 9 or 10 (hopefully) games left this season. Not sure we learnt anything new today in any department, on or off the pitch. Two average teams played out a barely average match. Usual frustration, the goal we conceded was completely and utterly self-inflicted, wherever in the three poor aspects of it you wish to lay the blame. Some of our passing was incredibly sloppy today, so many unforced errors.

I know what you mean mate, but, as far as the league goes, we're neither in danger of relegation or in with a shout of pushing for Europe and, including today, we had eight league games left, none of which, in the grand scheme of things, actually mean anything, so it's pretty much end of season.

Admittedly, we should be playing for pride, and what normally happens with us in these situations is that we start winning games when they don't really matter.

As it was at Old Trafford, we saw two very average teams playing footie. Although people will rightly say "But what about Leicester ?", we're not a Champions League team, but we're still underachieving by quite some way, which is, to avoid bringing the swear filter into play, bloody frustrating.

I know what you mean mate, but, as far as the league goes, we're neither in danger of relegation or in with a shout of pushing for Europe and, including today, we had eight league games left, none of which, in the grand scheme of things, actually mean anything, so it's pretty much end of season..

In terms of the table, I agree. But in the current climate of RM feeling the pressure, a loss today would have meant a lot more than a win?

In isolation, a draw at Watford, in a meaningless end of season game coming up to an important cup game, is neither here nor there. As part of a larger picture though, it speaks volumes.
Would you say that if this same result had happened earlier in the season the reaction would be softer, since there was still a hypothetical "whole season" yet to play?
Makes sense if so. Hypothetical Everton were really good, weren't they? .... :(

Wouldn't say it's meaningless, as I'm of the opinion that there are no meaningless games unless you've won the league and/or it's mathematically impossible for you to not finish in your current position.

I'm quite sad that it's taken THIS long to get to 39 points though :(

I am sure the result wasn't "irrelevant" to the majority of those fellows who went all the way down there to watch that dross, at no little expense.

Why do people come out with this tosh about Everton games being "meaningless" and the results "irrelevant".

These "irrelevant" results are sapping at the confidence of both team and fans alike.

The reason we say the result is meaningless is because we were becalmed in lower mid division before the game and would be after it whatever the result. Maybe not meaningless in every sense of the word but as meaningless as a Premier league result can get.

My point is simply that this season now hangs totally on one thread...the Cup semi. Win that whoever it may be we play and we are in the Cup final, a winnable final at that and the world is a sunnier place.

Lose it? Different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.