Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some good players though.......much better than what we have now. Look at the team sheets for both matches and I am sure you will agree
98 had better players than I remember to be fair. 94 was such madness that I can't even try to analyse it. We're better now though

Hour or so removed from this and still find it to be an absolutely appalling performance.

I'm still confident we'll stay up as I think we will win one of our remaining home games. But we could have near enough sealed it tonight and we had absolutely no bravery and just shows the woeful level we are operating at.

Disagree. Basically the 94 team went on to win the FA Cup so management was the problem until Big Joe sorted them out
I don't think anyone would disagree that the management was the problem. 94-95 was madness too. I'll take that next season though.

Yeah let's be clear - Watford didn't put up some sort of heroic display here. They were as bad as they have been all year and we made them look competent.

Given the circumstances of our season we couldn't have asked for a better opportunity for 3 points and at no point did we seriously look like getting them. We did well to have so many corners yet look so unthreatening.

I was amazed at the confidence of many on here that we’d just go and win at Watford. We’ve won away twice all season and are a poor team. 7 points out of the last possible 9 is more than any of us could have hoped for 3 games ago and I’m pretty satisfied with this point.

Two home games now, it’s in our own hands and if we don’t get the required 2-4 points needed, then we probably deserve to be relegated.

Of course I want our safety to be confirmed as soon as possible, but even if we did it with a couple of games to spare rather than on the last day of the season, it doesn’t really change anything. The squad and mindset of the club is abysmal (but hopefully enough to stay in the Prem), and a major rethink needs to happen as soon as the season is over otherwise this will happen again next year.

Yeah let's be clear - Watford didn't put up some sort of heroic display here. They were as bad as they have been all year and we made them look competent.

Given the circumstances of our season we couldn't have asked for a better opportunity for 3 points and at no point did we seriously look like getting them. We did well to have so many corners yet look so unthreatening.
That has been Everton away from home 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.