Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've accepted we are getting relegated now. The players didn't want it and have just lost the passion. Not sure what's happened the last few days but we've thrown it all away.
Change those sheets before you get into bed...you'll thank me later.
Not saying it's all done and dusted, but If we could put 2 away wins back to back we wouldn't be 16th.
It's in our own hands still.
One
Game
At
A
Time.

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past,
I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."

Short version; give your head a wobble

Just a little reminder to Frank how crap we really are, all that can be said about this performance is we gained a point on Leeds. Could really have made ourselves safe tonight but could see a sloppiness in our passing and body language after 5 minutes had a feeling it was going to be one of those games.

MOTM.... Candidates Iwobi, Delph and Coleman.

Never thought I would write those words

“maybe” lol don’t mate i really am done in with all this you know lol
You know what mate, I've come to peace with it. I'm 44 now and seen some dire goings on with this club. Everton will always be Everton, regardless of what division we're in. They'll still get my support. Try not to worry about it and enjoy the last 3 games :)

You know what mate, I've come to peace with it. I'm 44 now and seen some dire goings on with this club. Everton will always be Everton, regardless of what division we're in. They'll still get my support. Try not to worry about it and enjoy the last 3 games :)

lol i’m 41 but in everton years about 85

you can only enjoy them if your safe mate well me anyways

I am 60 odd seen all the ups and downs. This relegation battle has hit me the hardest even more so that the wimbledon or Coventry game. I knew then we had some good players to see us over the line

To keep a clean sheet at Watford is a reasonably good result given that we conceded FIVES goals against them at Goodison. But we don’t need reasonably good results right now; we need brilliant results.

If Leeds win just one of their remaining matches and we go on a bit of a losing streak then we’re down.

Frankly I can’t see us beating Palace. They beat us 4-0 recently. I can’t see us beating Arsenal away either. Brentford is a possibility but they’ve already beaten us once this season also.

We are in big trouble. 2 points sounds like a big gap but it’s not.

These next two home games are the biggest matches in our entire history, as a Big Neville Southall said earlier.

To keep a clean sheet at Watford is a reasonably good result given that we conceded FIVES goals against them at Goodison. But we don’t need reasonably good results right now; we need brilliant results.

If Leeds win just one of their remaining matches and we go on a bit of a losing streak then we’re down.

Frankly I can’t see us beating Palace. They beat us 4-0 recently. I can’t see us beating Arsenal away either. Brentford is a possibility but they’ve already beaten us once this season also.

These next two home games are the biggest matches in our entire history, as a Big Neville Southall said earlier.

GD means it is like three George.

However we really should not be in this position after the ridiculous spending on players in recent years

I can see us beating palace because we are playing more defensively. The 2 games we played against then were suicidal get at them tactics. That is a strength of palace. We cannot get sucked into all out attack or they will punish us

Conversely, if we draw one more time we that would force Leeds to get a result from both of their remaining games. If they get one win, we survive on goal differential.

Would have preferred the three today but it could be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.